By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

Bu...B-But...I thought there was a conspiracy against Sony?

:P

I saw this coming. Souls games score well. Never bought into the whole "anti-Sony" conspiracy people kept talking about.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

I saw this coming. Souls games score well. Never bought into the whole "anti-Sony" conspiracy people kept talking about.

No souls game has scored this high before.  So throw that argument out the window.  Not saying conspiracy but certain games there was a vendetta before release

I am Iron Man

It appears that Stevivor didn't like the game, or rather thought it was only a good game, which reflects its score. Wondering what IGN's final grade is going to be. I am kind of nervous, fellow members. I uunderstand the whole 'too much water' humour, but something tells me something similar will be pulled from them. Keep in mind that there was documented only one shield. I can imagine IGN's complaints being;

Lack of protective gear.

Anyway, other than that, as previously stated, fortune seems to be smiling for BloodBorne. Here's hoping it can keep up the success.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Playstation_prophet said:
8/10 Game revolution

Game takes 43 seconds to install patch.

The guy had some other gripes as well if you read the review. Their score was 4 stars out of 5... A rather good score to be honest given the type of rating system they're using. Just wait for a lower score to roll in. :P

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Nuvendil said:

No souls game has scored this high before.  So throw that argument out the window.  Not saying conspiracy but certain games there was a vendetta before release

Demon's Souls scored an 89, Dark Souls 89, Dark Souls II 91.  Thos are high scores.  I never said "every souls game has scored the exact same score as Bloodborne."  So throw your argument out the window. 

The real issue brought out in recent months is that people need to understand that liking a game does not make it worthy of a high score.  That's how it is in every single solitary artistic and entertainment medium on the face of the earth. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Nuvendil said:

Demon's Souls scored an 89, Dark Souls 89, Dark Souls II 91.  Thos are high scores.  I never said "every souls game has scored the exact same score as Bloodborne."  So throw your argument out the window. 

The real issue brought out in recent months is that people need to understand that liking a game does not make it worthy of a high score.  That's how it is in every single solitary artistic and entertainment medium on the face of the earth. 

He's right though. There was definitely a vendetta against ryse before its release ;) 

On a side note is there any dlc planned for this game? Or can I go out and buy it now instead of waiting for the gotye like I usually do. 

Blob said:
Nuvendil said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

He's right though. There was definitely a vendetta against ryse before its release ;) 

On a side note is there any dlc planned for this game? Or can I go out and buy it now instead of waiting for the gotye like I usually do. 

Nuvendil said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Nuvendil said:

Ummm no because my argument stands while yours was proven wrong.  Sorry but scoring "well" doesn't come into play because none of them have done this "well" and it's coming out during a gen that is scored much harsher.  Even not factoring that in though it has an aggregate score 2 higher than the highest scoring game in the series.  Even if we're going from 61 to 63 that's still higher sorry.

I am Iron Man

Blob said:

kind of hard to tell, Demons Souls (the only Souls game made by FROM/SCEJ had no DLC, and thats the same team that made Bloodborne) but at the same time DaS 1 had 1 dlc package and DaS2 had like 4 or more DLCs so who knows... i personally dont have a problem with DLC since i will want more of this game, but i totally understand your resoning since i did the same with TLOU, i just waited for the GOTY edition wich was basically the PS4 version.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Nuvendil said:

Ummm no because my argument stands while yours was proven wrong.  Sorry but scoring "well" doesn't come into play because none of them have done this "well" and it's coming out during a gen that is scored much harsher.  Even not factoring that in though it has an aggregate score 2 higher than the highest scoring game in the series.  Even if we're going from 61 to 63 that's still higher sorry.

You guys are having a literal vs figurative argument. It won't end until you guys are on the same page on that.