By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Someone Capcom buy and old IPs revive?

What will the future of Capcom look like?

No one wants to buy Capcom 13 26.00%

I am so pleased with Capcom 4 8.00%

Smarthphone manufacturers buy Capcom = ( 0 0%

I hope Sony buy Capcom and revived old IPs 13 26.00%

They working more with Sony/Nintendo 8 16.00%

Maybe Microsoft.. 5 10.00%

More Mario in Capcom games 2 4.00%

see results 5 10.00%

Total:50

hey guys and players. What will happen in the future with Capcom ..I have no idea of the balance sheets and equity by Capcom. Do you know it?

What's up with Capcom and how are the stocks now?
Can a console-producer buy them? Then You Could revive old IPs.
I'd like a new "Haunting Ground" and "Clock Tower". And many people like "Onimusha".
But Capcom does not want to produce = (
Hopefully they do not want a Smarthphone manufacturers. I say only.. tri-Ace: (

At that time I heard that Capcom can be bought. What about now? Is it right? (sorry for my english, its very late. i hope, you understand my question)

PS: Currently they are working on Street Fighter 5 (PS4), Dragons Dogma Online (PS4 / PS3), Deep Down (PS4), Resident Evil Revelation 2 (PS4/3,Xbox360/X1), the next Monster Hunter + Resident Evil 7 amd more. I would prefer to have back old IPs from Capcom. You too?

Around the Network

Even if someone bought Capcom its unlikely that buyer would revive those IPs.

There's a good reason why they're dead.

Man...the syntax of French must be crazy!

The problem is that, whoever buys Capcom will make games for the big titles instead of the small ones. Darkstalkers, DinoCrisis, Onimusha, Strider, Final Fight... Those need more atention, but they are not the best choice finantially speaking (not because they can't make money, but because the others make wayyy more money). It wouldn't change a thing.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

KyleeStrutt said:
Even if someone bought Capcom its unlikely that buyer would revive those IPs.

There's a good reason why they're dead.

I think not so, because... (i'm not a fan of this franchise)... a "onimusha"-game has great potential with current hardware. The horror comes back and is popular (PT, Evil Within) - maybe a Haunting Ground 2 too. What old IP from Capcom do you like?

I am very dissatisfied with Capcom. No Haunting Ground, no Clock Tower, no Onumusha or other old good ip. resident evil 1-4 >>> 5/6/revelation. *-*

Around the Network

Whoever bought Capcom would probably just milk them for Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Street Fighter.

Can a console producer buy capcom?
>lists only Sony in the poll.

Could you be a little more equal to the poll, maybe not only having the option of the flag you're under because the other options are either Sony,maybe and no, the other options equate to a no or a yes as well.

I'd rather a console owner not buy Capcom since it would make their entire IP's under their exclusive control, Capcom release games on multiple platforms, I;d rather it stay that way forever, if Capcom dies it's due to their bad deicions and fuck ups along the way that when they do the IP's could be bought by others instead of just one console company, I'd hope the IP's get bought by devs and not a single console company.

I'd also like old IP's like Mega Man and Darkstalkers to actually be revived, something Sony and the others aren't doing anyway and neither is Capcom.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'm very happy with pretty much everything Capcom does, aside from Monster Hunter and some shady DLC practices. So no, I wouldn't want anyone purchasing Capcom. I'd let them do what they're doing and keep going on like that.

Microsoft can afford everything.
But how it looks with Sony... Is it possible, Sony buy Capcom ? Not really, right ?

I want old IPs not on a handheld, but on a strong console.

KazumaKiryu said:
Microsoft can afford everything.

Not true, Microsoft can't afford time traveling machines, despite Project Almanac telling us otherwise!