By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exclusive games are Coming to an End

Nope... sorry.

Around the Network

No.

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

i don't think so.

They've become much less common, but exclusives will always be around. As long as Sony, MS, Nintendo, etc, have a vested interest in pulling people towards their platform/service over their competitors (which will likely be forever), they will have incentive to develop their own titles and make deals with 3rd parties.

It also depends on the strength of each brand at the time. If we saw a console reach PS2 levels of market share again (reducing the 'need' for other platforms), we'd see a sharp increase of exclusives again.

What's the point in buying a console if it has no exclusives...

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

What's the point in buying a console if it has no exclusives...

Exactly. At a certain point though there will be no more consoles to have exclusives... The future.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

What? Nop.

It's a good thing tbh as it saves the gamer more money in the long run with having to buy less platforms if all games are on all platforms, of course that leads to the infamous "why buy a console if it has no exclusives" and that will ring true, what is the point if it has nothing of value which is where it will eventually lead to anyway, sure the PS4 has exclusives, same as the Xb1 and Wii u but all 3 of them are transitioning now, very slowly but in the future consoles will eventually just become exactly like a PC, in a sense they will be on PC since closed hardware can only go so far, open platforms are the future with all the options they provide and the people behind them.

For now I buy consoles for their exclusives bu eventually I won't need to since everything will become one eventually and that's a good thing, good for the devs profits and the companies in general.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

kowenicki said:
Exclusives will come to an end when there is no vested interest in the hardware and we are streaming everything.

That will happen one day.

But its a while off yet.

Exclusives will always exist as a means of giving consumers a reason to pick one product over another. Like Hulu, like Netflix, etc.
TV streaming has become "hardware multiplatform", but the exclusives are still there.

I think the amount of exclusives will remain similar to the last years. I just don't see the drastic disappearence happening. Ever.