By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario, sales of Nintendo's most prominent franchise.

Mario is such a beast! Great thread! But it sure would be interesting to see what all these games you listed sold all together :)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

New Super Mario Bros 2. will join the 10m club soon. I think the WiiU game will also end fairly high, it's almost at 5m, could get all the way to 7m at the end of the generation. Super Mario 64 DS is also mighty impressive. At 11m, it has almost eclipsed the original!

I do always wonder how Nintendo counts the sales of some of these games though. In particular the original Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars. Those are a mess with all the duo-cartridges. SMB was released as a stand-alone, with Duck Hunt and two different versions with two other games. Do they count all those with SMB, seperately or with another game? Or do they even count them all double? Or SMW, which was also included in the 5-Star package on the same cart as SM-AS, besides a stand-alone release. Are those sales under All-Stars, or under World? It makes my head spin :-S !

Well, I never doubted the fact that the Mario franchise is a beast sales-wise!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---