By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am glad i am not immortal (as a gamer perspective)

Tagged games:

I don't want to be an immoral gamer either. It would very difficult for me to play photorealistic games with a flaccid weiner.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network

I would love to live for ever so even if say the disgusting mobile race takes over, I still would want to live

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I would love to be an immortal gamer just to see how's the world after the console wars.

I bet they are going to get replaced for another petty war. We humans can't live at peace.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

PieToast said:
I don't want to be an immoral gamer either. It would very difficult for me to play photorealistic games with a flaccid weiner.

I think you meant "Immortal". You already are an "Immoral" gamer you dirty pie toast.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Nonsense. Gaming is gonna get better and better :)
If you have the cash that is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
PieToast said:

I think you meant "Immortal". You already are an "Immoral" gamer you dirty pie toast.

Damn you autocross! 

.- -... -.-. -..

Ka-pi96 said:
I'd love to be immortal. Even if some of the games aren't as good as older ones there are always good new games that pop up as well. Besides, maybe then I'd actually have time to finish my backlog as well

This is what many atheists say ;--p id luuv to be immortal, while those who are kinda spiritual say, duh, we already are.

I'm glad that I'm still open to new experiences and have fun with old gaming platforms and input devices as well as with the new ones.

Retro games on original hardware (pinball machines, arcade machines, old consoles, home computers)? Love it!
Retro games emulated on newer hardware? Love it!
New interpretations of classic arcade games (Resogun, Super Stardust, Titan Attacks...)? Love Them!
HD Remastered Games? Love most of them!
Elaborate Remakes? Love them!
Episodic games (Telltale, Life is Strange,Dreamfall Chapters...)? Love them!
DLC-heavy games? No problem, as long as the DLCs are worth their money.
Gaming with mouse only? Love it, especially point& click adventures.
Gaming with keyboard and mouse? Love it, especially first person shooters + strategy games.
Gaming with gamepads? Love it!
Gaming with flight stick? Loved it for Wing Commander/Descent/FreeSpace...
Racing games with wheel and pedals? Love it!
Gaming with motion controls? Had great fun with many Wiimote and PS Move games.
Gaming on a touchscreen? There are many games which work very well on touchscreens.
QTEs? If they are done right like in God of War, they are fun.
3D-gaming and movies? I love the stereoscopic effect if it's done right.
VR-gaming? Very interested in it!
In-house game streaming? Works okay, will work perfect in a few years.
Game streaming over the internet? Too much compromises for now, but if it's improved over the years, it could allow games that aren't possible even on the fastest affordable gaming PCs.

Seems that I'm ready for immortality ;)

Partly the decline in video games is generational, but the larger part is economic- there is simply too much money involved in creating games these days to take a chance on new creative ideas. So say goodbye to innovative quirky games like psychonauts or odd world and hello to the latest iteration of Hollywood style pablum eg cod, uncharted, last of us etc.

If I was an immortal gamer I would developer my own game which is MMO, it will become so popular that everyone on Earth will have an account. Then I will make it my mission to insult all of them in alphabetical order.