By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 beating 3DS in the USA 2015!

Expected?

Yeah 196 70.25%

no 83 29.75%

Total:279
tbone51 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Handhelds are no longer relevent because of smartphones. But 3DS did well despite competition.

After this gen is over PS4 > 3DS + Wii U. 3DS has impressive numbers. But PS4 numebrs are in another level.

oh yeah, i dont doubt that. Im far too impressed With PS4. PS4 is the pokemon of japan lol!

Its just funny how people think 3DS is doing bad, hell even the vita aint so bad when you think about it :)

Excuse me but who in this thread has said 3ds is doing bad?  

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Handhelds are no longer relevent because of smartphones. But 3DS did well despite competition.

After this gen is over PS4 > 3DS + Wii U. 3DS has impressive numbers. But PS4 numebrs are in another level.

oh yeah, i dont doubt that. Im far too impressed With PS4. PS4 is the pokemon of japan lol!

Its just funny how people think 3DS is doing bad, hell even the vita aint so bad when you think about it :)

Look at the thread. Did you bothered to read it? Nobody is saying 3ds is doing bad.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Actually, the 3DS only sold well this Generation.

Of course to people like you who think HHs are dead :0

Did it sell well this generation? I think it sold ok. Would have been much lower without the Nintendo tactics of releasing revisions every year.

Your comments reek of biased its not even funny, but i'll answer you anywayz.

First of all it sold very well for 2 major reasons

1. HHs supposedly died from the smartphones/tablets market. Though it did take major casualties, its still alive and kicking!

2. Its only competitor is roughly 18%-21% of 3DS in Sales.

Lastly Revisions every year? 3DS/2DS/3DSXL are all just basically different size and slightly different from one another. That will have shipped 50mil+ WW Lifetime. You want to wine about N3ds fine, but lets not act like PS3 sold to 85mil different people. (or Wii to 100mil/X360/etc)

tbone51 said:

1. HHs supposedly died from the smartphones/tablets market. Though it did take major casualties, its still alive and kicking!

Lastly Revisions every year? 3DS/2DS/3DSXL are all just basically different size and slightly different from one another. That will have shipped 50mil+ WW Lifetime. You want to wine about N3ds fine, but lets not act like PS3 sold to 85mil different people. (or Wii to 100mil/X360/etc)

Please maintain VGC rules here.

daredevil.shark said:
tbone51 said:

Look at the thread. Did you bothered to read it? Nobody is saying 3ds is doing bad.

Never pointed as to this thread. If you understood a user you would immediately understand what im talking about (but i assumed you would get it, my bad).

Same goes for you Kerotan(meaning not knowing what im talking about

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Never pointed as to this thread. If you understood a user you would immediately understand what im talking about (but i assumed you would get it, my bad).

Can you please be more specific? I didnt find any single comments downplaying 3DS numbers. I would like to see them.

daredevil.shark said:
tbone51 said:

Can you please be more specific? I didnt find any single comments downplaying 3DS numbers. I would like to see them.

Oh damn, im being misunderstood! I cant talk about it here maybe in a pm. 

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Did it sell well this generation? I think it sold ok. Would have been much lower without the Nintendo tactics of releasing revisions every year.

HHS aren't dead but they are dying. I fully expect the next Nintendo HH to sell even less than the 3DS.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

HHS aren't dead but they are dying. I fully expect the next Nintendo HH to sell even less than the 3DS.

Declining =/= Dying. Do you consider Gran Turismo dying? Didnt think so.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Declining =/= Dying. Do you consider Gran Turismo dying? Didnt think so.

Grand Turismo can easily bounce back. I don't see how handhelds can do that.