By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Computer PROBLEM!!!!!!

yeah the computer is done....i took all the parts off...i remembered when i saw the top of the chip it was a little bit of paste on it....so its toast....its weird because i dont see any signs of the chip being burned...it seems fine....but its gone

Around the Network

i still didnt get any power to the keyboard or mouse or even the montior...its sad because of one instance i talk the chip off....wow....but it just goes to show that chips are so fragile electronics.....

A random fact: The silicon within a CPU dies can be permeantly reshaped/melted at 125 degrees C, so its totally possible it burnt out without the thermal paste and fan. Also I would not advise touching the CPU without being 'earthed' Its possible that you provided an electrostatic discharge to the component while handling. therefore 'Zapping' it. (laymans terms).

• Current Gen - X360 - PDZ, Graw1&2, Madden 07, R*tabletennis, PGR3, RSV, Forza2.
  • Wanted '07 - Motogp07, Blue Dragon, Too Human, PGR4, Halo3, HL2, GTA4, Mass Effect, DMC4, Ace Combat 6 and Haze.
  • Wanted '08 - PS3.

its so weird i....the computer turns on, i cant get to the bios screen my hard drive light just stays orange and never blinks...my fans spin crazy, i added thermal paste to the chip and its a small little crack on the core, i dont get any picture when i turn the pc on, the keyboard and the mouse does not work....is the motherboard and computer chip dead???

running your CPU without a fan is no big deal, all it does is make sure the Heatsink keeps getting cool air. So you can take the fan off and it will run fine for a while, but with the air getting stagnant it will start warming up, and eventually overheat.

The heatsink is a different matter, and I'm afraid you can't just take a heatsink off and just place it ack on, there's a special heat conducting glue that connects the two and without it if they aren't properly connected your CPU will overheat practically instantly (modern CPU's won't even last one second without a heatsink). I'm afraid the odds are high that your CPU is dead and you will need a replacement.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

yeah ur right and whats crazy i cant even access the BIOS....let alone i dont even have power to my keyboard and mouse...does that mean my motherboard is messed up to???

Fix it.