By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global hardware 28th February 2015. (USA SW, Last week adjustments)

As long as Wii U games will work on their next console, I honestly don't mind if Nintendo bring out a new console by 2017.

Around the Network

PS4 doing crazy, nearly outselling XOne 3:1 that week
PSVita still over Wii U.
By the way, has the Xbox 360 even been discontinued in Japan?

AllThosePixels said:
PS4 doing crazy, nearly outselling XOne 3:1 that week
PSVita still over Wii U.
By the way, has the Xbox 360 even been discontinued in Japan?

no. they went under 200 sales a week before releasing a Halo bundle which temperarily brought them above 1k but they're back down to 400 now and that will likely keep declining, 

PS vita outsold the ..... lol

Looks like the front page has been updated

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

spemanig said:
Yeah, the Wii U will DEFINITELY last to 2017 and beyond.

its ubfortunate but I think Nintendo is in a pretty messed up situation. Their adherence to a profit leading business model has finally ruined them.

Nintendo as you may know insists on making a profit on their hardware. So this means that when making $300 hardware and whatever accessories cones with it they want to make at least $10 profit on just selling the box. This leaves them with nomore than $200 max for the actual Chios that go into the console, hence why they always seem to be making under powered consoles. 

So let's say by 2017 Nintendo decides to make a new console to either launch in 2017/2018. At that time hardware like whats in the PS4 will probably cost under $180, so if Nintendo is aiming again for a $300-$350 console that will leave them (again) with hardware that is just marginally more powerful than a PS4. Sony and MS won't be fazed one bit and could just ride out the rest if the generation and it would again seem like Nintendo is coming really really late into the os4/XB1 generation. 

The WiiU all over again as that console seems like it came really late into the HD (ps3/360) generation.

As weird as it may sound, I think Nintendos best shot is to wait till whenever the next PS/XB is coming to market and make sure they make a console that can match it in performance. That at least will make their lobbying for multiplatform support easier. 

Around the Network

Big week for PS4 getting over 200K, should be in line with 20.2 million now.

20.2 million for PS4. VGC tracking spot on

What happened to WiiU, it's dropping like a rock?

Burek said:
20.2 million for PS4. VGC tracking spot on

What happened to WiiU, it's dropping like a rock?

i was wondering the same. with china launch coming and some big releases in japan the vita might maintain it's lead or even increase it over the wii u. 

Intrinsic said:

its ubfortunate but I think Nintendo is in a pretty messed up situation. Their adherence to a profit leading business model has finally ruined them.

Nintendo as you may know insists on making a profit on their hardware. So this means that when making $300 hardware and whatever accessories cones with it they want to make at least $10 profit on just selling the box. This leaves them with nomore than $200 max for the actual Chios that go into the console, hence why they always seem to be making under powered consoles. 

So let's say by 2017 Nintendo decides to make a new console to either launch in 2017/2018. At that time hardware like whats in the PS4 will probably cost under $180, so if Nintendo is aiming again for a $300-$350 console that will leave them (again) with hardware that is just marginally more powerful than a PS4. Sony and MS won't be fazed one bit and could just ride out the rest if the generation and it would again seem like Nintendo is coming really really late into the os4/XB1 generation. 

The WiiU all over again as that console seems like it came really late into the HD (ps3/360) generation.

As weird as it may sound, I think Nintendos best shot is to wait till whenever the next PS/XB is coming to market and make sure they make a console that can match it in performance. That at least will make their lobbying for multiplatform support easier. 

I'm not so sure that would be the case. The reason why the Wii U didn't work was because it was released at the end of the PS360 cycle. It wasn't trying to compete with those systems; it was competing with the 8th gen systems. If Nintendo is smart, they'll release new hardware at the end of 2016. This way, having hardware on par with the PS4/XBO won't be an issue because they won't be getting new hardware well past 2020. If the Wii U came out 2 years earlier, many of its issues wouldn't have been issues. It truely did come out way too late.

Teeqoz said:

I wonder if this is gonna be the standard from now on, that we wait two weeks then get two weeks worth of numbers. I hope not.

Dragon Quest Heroes in Japan is a bigger system seller than The Order worldwide confirmed! And the PS3 is back above the Wii U. And even weirder...the Vita is above the Wii U  this week too @_@

A new IP VS one of bigger IP in Japan,of course Dragon Quest Heroes is bigger system seller

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m