By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Nintendo Direct: When? and What?

Next Direct will be...

This month (March) 66 51.56%

Next month (April) 50 39.06%

No more Directs until E3 9 7.03%

This week! 3 2.34%

Total:128

Next week. That's all I can say.

Around the Network

yeah, how do people know there will be one this or next month...? o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:
Why are so many people thinking next Wednesday?

Because, It just feels right to me lol.

It's definitly this month. Nov +2 = Jan + 2 = March.

I think this is the best way of having main directs. Every 3 months is too infrequent while every month is too much and leaves not much room for specific directs.

Possibly April, but who knows.

I'm not exactly sure where people are getting the idea that there will be a direct next Wednesday.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

cycycychris said:
Nintendo is doing a 2 month trend with there directs right now. The last 3 directs have been on a Wednesday. That's a big reason why I'm saying this upcoming Wednesday. It just seems like the right time to show off the upcoming line up. Q2 games need some love.

Did not even realise that!!!! :O. I guess my sub-concoius felt that's why wednesday feels gooood.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

The do directs to do updates on their games, and normally big updates when games are coming. Last direct they focused on games like Majora's Mask 3D, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and the New 3DS. Also release date for some games like Kirby and Mario Party 10. Now it is time for Splatoon and new updates for already announced games.

This direct is important as they will likely update some games or announce even release dates in order to keep clean at E3 the direct and focus on certain games.

This way, everyone is happy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Cloudman said:

The do directs to do updates on their games, and normally big updates when games are coming. Last direct they focused on games like Majora's Mask 3D, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and the New 3DS. Also release date for some games like Kirby and Mario Party 10. Now it is time for Splatoon and new updates for already announced games.

This direct is important as they will likely update some games or announce even release dates in order to keep clean at E3 the direct and focus on certain games.

This way, everyone is happy.

I`m not against it. I get so pumped and excited every time a new Direct is announced! : ) I just don`t want to get hyped only for there to be no Direct...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

April. Splatoon only. A small general Direct in either April or May that doesn't steal the E3 thunder. Very small.

March, next week sometime, "biggish" direct with a few surprises, updates on coming games, last full ND until E3.

April, Splatoon-focused ND.

May, nothing.

June, ND3@E3.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I could see it happening next week or in early April and I expect it'll be the last full Direct before E3.

Wii U:
1. Info on Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 and release date.
2. Info and release date for the Super Smash Bros. Mewtwo DLC and update that adds tournaments.
3. Mario Party 10--buy this game that's coming out soon/came out a few days/weeks ago.
4. Amiibo info, when new Marth shipment arrives, when next wave comes, and more rare Amiibo getting second shipments.
5. Splatoon trailer and release date.
6. Yoshi’s Wooly World release date (June).
7. Project Gaurd info. Probably a small eShop title. We'll get a release date (I'm guessing April).
8. Some VC announcement.
9. Indies.

3DS:
1. New 3DS reminder.
2 Xenoblade 3D coming soon and trailer. Hopefully the New 3DS XL will get a Xenoblade themed LE.
3. Indies.
4. More stuff I can't think of.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.