By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - In JUST 19 weeks!!

In this 19th week of the release of Taylor Swift's album 1989 she will have sold 4.8 million copies in the US alone. Absolutely incredible... Taylor and Adele are like the only people who can sell albums in this day and age. Also Shake It Off has sold 7 million singles, and Blank Space was just certified 5x platinum. Also not sure of Style's sales, but they must be over 3 million at this point.

Out Of The Woods for single #4 please!! <33

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure everyone thought Taylor had already peaked with Fearless but 1989 is even stronger.

Boutros said:
I'm pretty sure everyone thought Taylor had already peaked with Fearless but 1989 is even stronger.

I think almost every Taylor fan will admit that Speak Now was her weakest album, but it was still incredible. That being said, Speak Now had one of her greatest songs on it (Dear John). Then she really redeemed herself with Red, which IMO is amazing. 3 albums with over 1 milion in the first week is insane. I believe 1989 will be her highest selling album, and if she can keep it up with the correct single choices, this album has a shot at going Diamond.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Ps3 said:
Boutros said:

I think almost every Taylor fan will admit that Speak Now was her weakest album, but it was still incredible. That being said, Speak Now had one of her greatest songs on it (Dear John). Then she really redeemed herself with Red, which IMO is amazing. 3 albums with over 1 milion in the first week is insane. I believe 1989 will be her highest selling album, and if she can keep it up with the correct single choices, this album has a shot at going Diamond.

Isn't Diamond a certification for 10 million sold in the US? I believe 10 million worldwide is a sure thing but kind of impossible in the US alone.

Boutros said:
Ps3 said:
Boutros said:

Isn't Diamond a certification for 10 million sold in the US? I believe 10 million worldwide is a sure thing but kind of impossible in the US alone.

Adele did it recently, she did 11 million here in the US, and she was the first to do it in years. @ the 19 week mark Taylor has sold 1 million more albums than her I believe. I think Taylor will need to pick the last 2 singles wisely though... Any mess ups like picking Everything Has Changed will short her... She needs Out Of The Woods and All You Had To Do Was Stay next. Taylor will most likely cross 10 million world wide by the end of the month.

Around the Network

Just showing my support for Ms Swift

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

You really have an unhealthy love of Taylor Swift, my dude.

But on topic, yeah she's great. And it's nice people are buying her work not just downloading it.

Ps3 said:
Boutros said:

No Dear John isn't the best song on that album let alone one of her best ever - it's all about Haunted on that particular one!

It's not so much that Taylor and Adele are the only ones that can sell albums, it's moreso that Taylor ditched streaming because it didn't make her enough boatloads of money.

Eminem can sell albums too my friend

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion