By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is VGchartz badly broken for anyone else?

Experiencing problems?

Yes 59 76.62%

No 18 23.38%

Total:77

Thanks for all the redirections.
I appreciate it, even do I must admit the logic behind it eludes me somewhat.
But I just found out that my virus scanner comes with an adblocker that can block ads on a specific site, and still let me see ads on other sites.
So I blocked all ads on vgchartz and this solved my problem.
There is no longer a need for me to repost this in another topic.
But thanks anyway.

Around the Network

Alright seems like a decent enough place to post this.

I'm almost at boiling point, the site is a minefield. The adds are a disaster. There's a couple that break the site and prevent any page from loading any further. Especially the add with that douche bag with the water jets. It makes everything freeze and crash and burn. I hate that thing with a passion now and it must die. The mobile experience makes it even worse with those adds that 'hide' behind the pages and makes the window resize. All. The. Time. Trying to close them is a real b*tch.

S.Peelman said:
Alright seems like a decent enough place to post this.

I'm almost at boiling point, the site is a minefield. The adds are a disaster. There's a couple that break the site and prevent any page from loading any further. Especially the add with that douche bag with the water jets. It makes everything freeze and crash and burn. I hate that thing with a passion now and it must die. The mobile experience makes it even worse with those adds that 'hide' behind the pages and makes the window resize. All. The. Time. Trying to close them is a real b*tch.

I see we are both Dutch, so there is a high probability this broken waterjet advertising is only shown to people from the Netherlands. Point is, I have seen the same ad on another site, and even do the ad didn't work there either, it also didn't break that site. A broken ad, should never be able to break a site. This is just bad web design from vgchartz part.

I now use Avast virusscanner to block ads on this site

It’s free, it’s also for mobile, and it solved my problem.

Ads are terrible. On a PC its OK since some Adblocker does the job. On my tablet its bad... Every time site's loading it pushes me to playmarket to download Clash of Kings... ((( please make your ads program not so annoying!