Update: The show is over. I have included the highlights.
- Announcements: Elite Dangerous to make its Console Debute on the Xbox One
- "Announcing a partnership to release Elite: Dangerous on Xbox this summer. It’s a spaceflight sim that’s going to be making its console debut on the Xbox One."
- "Microsoft wants games to be the biggest category on the Windows Store going forward....Right now, the Windows 8 store isn’t driving a lot of revenue."
- Basically we are looking at the current windows 8/windows mobile setup expande to include 10/Xbox One.
- "They will allow developers the option for cross-buy and cross-play for Xbox One/Windows 10"
- "Over the next 12 months, there’s going to be a staged rollout of all the Xbox Live features to various endpoints."
- Unreal Tournament being streamed using DX12.
Youtube version: Removed (will look for a replacement)
- "DirectX 12 also brings big performance improvements across both CPU and GPU. Up to 50 percent CPU usage improvements."
- Direct X 12 provides 20% GPU boost only applies to the PC (Confirmed by Microsoft). Phil has said we won't see a difference on Xbox One, and he never mentioned the boost applied to the Xbox One platform.
Update 2: The 20% boost has been confirmed to be for the PC.
"DirectX 12: DirectX 12 enables PC developers to have a new level of power and control and is a single API developers can access across Windows devices. As shown with Fable Legends running on Unreal Engine 4, there has been a 20% improvement in performance. And as announced today, Epic is creating Unreal Tournament using Unreal Engine 4 running on DirectX 12, which sets a new bar for visual fidelity in PC gaming."
Update: Due to a misunderstanding caused by an interruption in the livestream, the original article mentioned that the 20% GPU improvement was on Xbox One, but Spencer did not actually explicitly mention a platform.
- "We may be seeing a return of Battletoads"
- Optional shared saves between Xbox One/Windows 10 announced
- Gigantic (Moba) announced for Xbox One and Windows 10:
Watch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJCAKJ9fz4I#t=33
- Wireless Controller will be coming to PC
- Shovel Knights to include appearance from Battletoads
"And everyone's Kickstarter has merit." - Malory Archer