By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games you have played in the last 2 years!

In no particular order, I would say

Dragon Age Inquisition
GTAV
Tomb Raider
Metal Gear Rising
Wolf Among Us

Around the Network

1. GTA V: The most fantastic world in any game, so diverse and huge, and the missions are awesome. Graphics are also really nice, especially on PS4.

2. The Last Of Us: Great story and narrative and really good gameplay as well. A very intense game.

3. God Of War: Ascension: Not as fantastic as God Of War III but as a standalone game its incredible, boss battles are amazing especially the final one, graphics are some of the best on PS3, level design is amazing as it is in every God Of War game. Only let down a bit by the story, and not quite as epic as God Of War III.

4. Far Cry 4: Like most games in this list I loved the setting, which felt very familiar and amazing at the same time. The world was also very interesting to explore, and the game has a lot of content. Also the Hindi abuses were funny, wish more games had them. Only let down a bit by story.

5. Infamous: Second Son: A huge improvement over previous Infamous game, this was a very fun game and varied too. The action was intense and it was a very good game. Let down by story, lack of content for an open-world game and the rather dead Seattle.

1 - The last of us remastered

2 - Final fantasy XIV

3 - Persona 4 the golden

4 - inFamous second son/first light

5 - Assassin's creed unity

1. Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
2. Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
4. Mario Kart 8 (WiiU)
5. Child of Light (WiiU)

What's funny is that none of these games made it to my all-time Top 50 this year.  So while there were plenty of good games, especially in 2013, there wasn't a 'true classic' for me. Also, nothing much I found notable on other consoles or PC, though I admit I've missed some supposedly good games.

Outside of this list, Total War: Rome II (PC) would be 6th and The Last of Us I think would be 7th, which just wasn't that great. I don't even want to mention God of War: Ascension.

I also beat Mega Man 2 on my NES for the first time in the past two years, but I don't think I never played it before. If I'd include that game in this list, it'll easily be #1, as it is better than all other (new) games I played in the past two years combined.

Far Cry 4
Tomb Raider
GTA V
Bioshock Infinite
Danganronpa

Around the Network

Does it count if we didn't beat the game until 2 years ago, or did we have to start it two years ago, because Xenoblade Chronicles easily takes #1 spot.

if not

1) Skyward Sword (Started this game summer 2013)
2) Super Mario 3D World (highly underrated)
3) Bayonetta 2
4) Bayonetta Wii U (Definitive Edition) ;P

5) A Link Between Worlds

Shout outs to

Fire Emblem Awakening

Bravely Default

A Link Between Worlds

Windwaker HD

Pikmin 3

Mario Kart 8

ZombiU

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros U (and Luigi U)

Batman Arkham City Wii U Edition

Rayman Legends

Trine 2

Child Of Light

Pokemon X

Resident Evil Revelations (both Wii U and 3DS)

Wonderful 101 (sequel COULD easily take top spot, they just need to fix the frame rate a bit and allow for a free moving camera)

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

and a few others.

S.Peelman said:

1. Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
2. Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
4. Mario Kart 8 (WiiU)
5. Child of Light (WiiU)

What's funny is that none of these games made it to my all-time Top 50 this year.  So while there were plenty of good games, especially in 2013, there wasn't a 'true classic' for me. Also, nothing much I found notable on other consoles or PC, though I admit I've missed some supposedly good games.

Outside of this list, Total War: Rome II (PC) would be 6th and The Last of Us I think would be 7th, which just wasn't that great. I don't even want to mention God of War: Ascension.

I also beat Mega Man 2 on my NES for the first time in the past two years, but I don't think I never played it before. If I'd include that game in this list, it'll easily be #1, as it is better than all other (new) games I played in the past two years combined.

What's so wrong with it? I think it is a very good game.

5. Demon's Souls (2009) -- an atmospheric, complex, tough-as-nails action RPG with incredible level design and boss battles

4. Super Mario Galaxy (2010) -- one of the best games available on Wii, one overflowing with ingenuity and creativity

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013) -- a worthy sequel to the SNES original that boasts excellent dungeon design

2. Mario Kart 8 (2014) -- an early contender for game of the generation, Mario Kart 8 routinely stuns with its mechanics, tracks, music, and art

1. Xenoblade Chronicles (2012) -- the best RPG in generations, Xenoblade features a rewarding battle system and a huge world to explore

Nice thread :)

GTAexpert said:

What's so wrong with it? I think it is a very good game.

Well, a lot, but to keep a long story short, it basically took everything they did right in God of War 3 and messed it up. Uninteresting story, set-pieces and level-design that aren't really memorable, a sub-par soundtrack, controls felt imprecise, uninspired weaponry and items, unfair or cumbersome combat mechanics and tedious enemies and finally terrible camera work. I also experienced more than a fair share of glitches and a gamebreaking bug.

It wasn't all bad though, graphically it looks amazing at least and there were some enjoyable parts, like the flashback sections or the better puzzles using that duplication item, but coming off God of War 3, which I thought was very good, this game was a huge disappointment to me.

Maybe I would have held it in higher esteem if I had played those games the other way around .

Killer Instinct
The Last of Us
Persona 4
Pokemon XY
Tomb Raider 2013