By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

Right but thats impossible because the sum of the sale of two consoles can't be lower than the best selling.  So its combined total must be 50 or lower.

That's assuming that both SKUs amount to MORE than there would be if there was only one. That's why I feel it's the safest bet for now. I also think it's worth considering what I said earlier on but was overlooked:

I'm wondering (if we did it long enough) could we possibly see a correlation between the position of the console in the top 100 and an average expected number of sales? I'll just pull something out of my ass to show what I mean because I'm useless at maths:

100: or less: 100k or less
50: 200k - 300k
10: 300k - 400k
05: 400k or more

It might be worth thinking about in my opinion. We'd obviously have to rethink those averages for the Christmas period. We'd also have to take every month's data and work out an average position for that one month. I'm not sure if just taking the months data would work because I think for this to work we'd have to have a daily update on the average simply because of stock being either lower or higher some days. The monthly would only really give us who won the month and the postion at the end of the month wouldn't necessarily reflect how many units could possibly have sold each day, if you get what I mean.

If the postions of JUST today are to be an indication of whether this is worth it then March NPD would be:

WiiU: less than 100k
XB1: around 250k (akthough 2 SKUs would probably put it nearer 300k)
PS4: around 400k

What you're trying to do is figure out where a console would be with only one sku selling significant numbers, but what most people want to do is figure out the equivalent rank the combined ranks of 2 or more significant selling skus would be. Ergo for the interest of most people the combined rank will always be higher or at least equal to the highest individual sku rank.

But because the difference between one rank and the neigbouring rank can be 1 or thousands of units there is simply no way to guess what the combined ranks of 2 or more skus could equate to.

Funny description of the Bloodborne bundle:

Buy the PlayStation 4 + Bloodborne Bundle and Get a Free Digital Copy of The Last of Us Remastered

But really since TLOUR is autobundled right now it's "Buy the TLOUR digital bundle and get Bloodborne for just $35." However it always sounds nicer if the descrition can put "free" in there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

What you're trying to do is figure out where a console would be with only one sku selling significant numbers, but what most people want to do is figure out the equivalent rank the combined ranks of 2 or more significant selling skus would be. Ergo for the interest of most people the combined rank will always be higher or at least equal to the highest individual sku rank.

That's impossible from data based only on ranking.

I still find the data on book sales somewhat insightful, thought they really have nothing to do with console sales. 

binary solo said:

But because the difference between one rank and the neigbouring rank can be 1 or thousands of units there is simply no way to guess what the combined ranks of 2 or more skus could equate to.

Funny description of the Bloodborne bundle:

Buy the PlayStation 4 + Bloodborne Bundle and Get a Free Digital Copy of The Last of Us Remastered

But really since TLOUR is autobundled right now it's "Buy the TLOUR digital bundle and get Bloodborne for just $35." However it always sounds nicer if the descrition can put "free" in there.

Yep, the word FREE is always a good word :)

The PS5 Exists. 

I think I know why Bloodborne cant stay ahead of the cards.... the digital code is ranked 38 and rising fast. People are realizing they should have gotten this like yesterday.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

XBO is now 53rd on hourly. :/

Looks like march is going to be a low month for xbox.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Wow Bloodborne sold out lol

And what happened to The Order, highest % rise I've ever seen

Full price?  Wario64 tweeted it was 39$ and I expected the rise in the charts came from it.

GamechaserBE said:
Turkish said:

Wow Bloodborne sold out lol

And what happened to The Order, highest % rise I've ever seen

Full price?  Wario64 tweeted it was 39$ and I expected the rise in the charts came from it.

Yeah but why did the Collectors and Premium edition have such a massive hike(from place ~3500 to 24) as well, they didn't drop in price.

Barkley said:

#53 with only a SKUs. With the MCC bundle is probabily at #30... But yeah, comparet to February, XBO is massive dropped, considering that it was always in TOP 20.

February is strong for all console, but expecially for XBOX, probabily it sell very nice during the tax season...

Any way, XBO will dropped in March, let's say little under 250,000.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Barkley said:

#53 with only a SKUs. With the MCC bundle is probabily at #30... But yeah, comparet to February, XBO is massive dropped, considering that it was always in TOP 20.

February is strong for all console, but expecially for XBOX, probabily it sell very nice during the tax season...

Any way, XBO will dropped in March, let's say little under 250,000.

Why do people belive that adding 2 sku's would nearly double the highest selling one? It makes no sense. Ranks are always scalable going much higher the higher the rank. So a #30 is much higher than a #50 and #50 higer than a #64. So the combine sku's wont be past #40.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.