By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! Sales of the stealth genre king in Japan.

snake rules

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
Wright said:

This thing is what kept Konami alive all these years.

Nope, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dance Dance Revolution! are Konami's money makers.

MGS is what kept Konami relevant.

Konami will forever be the kings of the arcade =D

Snake is still the king of stealth. I hope Konami announce the release date this Wednesday according to the latest news.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

It's things like this that I just don't understand with this site. Official up to date sales have been given, this site, a video game sales site has incorrect sales for these games.

If they now have actual sales then why don't they bother to correct them?

This has MGS2 and 3 at 1.07 million but Vgchartz has them at 0.83-0.87 million.

MGS4 0.99 million, Vgchartz say 0.83 million.

Portable Ops 0.92 million for both versions, Vgchartz say 0.64 million.

Is it that difficult for a site that's supposed to revolve around game sales to up date figures to be somewhat accurate at least?

platformmaster918 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Very nice. On a personal note, I need more Solid Snake, I've had enough of Big Boss.

While I am absolutely thrilled with Big Boss being back (my favorite and we only got him in MGS3 since I don't play Peace Walker), I agree we need a good Solid Sanke game after Phantom Pain.  I mean we've only gotten one MGS game where we got to play as Solid and he wasn't a decrepid old man.  Think about it.  1 we got him, 2 we got Raiden other than that tiny prologue part, 3 we got Big Boss (awesome but still making a point here), and 4 we got his old self not in his prime at all.  We need an HD game with Solid as a real stealthy badass.  I used the face camo in MGS4 as much as possible to simulate this.

Buy peace walker hd for the ps3 store.  Excellent game for a handheld version.  

Around the Network

I was very shocked by the performance of The Twin Snakes when I first saw it.

I've noticed that stuff like remakes and remasters don't do so hot in Japan, unless its Pokémon or Dragon Quest, but even then TTS might be the worst selling remake of a notable title in Japan.

Its impressive and not in a good way.

Limitless1 said:

It's things like this that I just don't understand with this site. Official up to date sales have been given, this site, a video game sales site has incorrect sales for these games.

Is it that difficult for a site that's supposed to revolve around game sales to up date figures to be somewhat accurate at least?

Nobody answered my question. Why is Vgchartz leaving the game sales inaccuarte when they have accurate figures?

Limitless1 said:
Limitless1 said:

Nobody answered my question. Why is Vgchartz leaving the game sales inaccuarte when they have accurate figures?

The site is not actively updated like it once was.  

Kerotan said:
Limitless1 said:

The site is not actively updated like it once was.  

So in other words that's just a polite way of saying that they just can't be bothered.

There's a comment on the MGS4 page almost 3 years ago that says the game had sold 904k in Japan and they still haven't bothered to fix that in all that time?

Consistent sales, always hovering around ~1M. Curious to see the ration of Phantom Pain between PS3 and PS4.