By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if The WiiU's rumored AAA Game is Kingdom hearts 3?

Kami said:
sc94597 said:

I told you how they DID get it. They looked inside the box and guessed based off the die size and power consumption. Also the HD 4000 series ranges from as low as 96 gflops (hd 4350)  to 1.2 terraflops (HD 4870.) 

Ok but do you really think a HD4870 is in a Wii U. 0% chance of that happening. 350 gigflops is at the very least within the neighborhood of the Wii U. 

Indeed. No way does it have a 4870. The 4870 is stronger than a 4850 which was in turn stronger than my old 5670 (DX11 card). I can say without a doubt that the 5670HD outperforms the Wii U. Its a GPU that could run a game like Mario Kart 8 in 900p60 with AA . It could handle several DX9 ports at 1080p30. The Wii U probably has a A 5550HD equivalent (25GB/s bandwidth, 352GFlops in DDR3), 5570HD at best. Acording to toms "best graphics for the money" chart the 5550 performs similar to a 4670. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html. As for the 5670 here is its review, even though these are older games they would run this well on the system (several 1080p60s) http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5670,2533.html

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Kami said:

We haven't played Xenoblade X and being bigger doesn't mean it's more populated and such. Skyrim didn't need to be big because you either walked everywhere or fast traveled. The world of skyrim was full of villages, different regions, monuments, quest, caves etc. The first Xenoblade... ehhhh not so much it was mainly exploring from point a to point b. Smash isn't graphically impressive and it has no real time effects, physics or post processing affects, no AA or hyper simulated textures... In other words it's a very simple game so having 8 playing on one screen is easy. League of Legends runs really well on the HD4670, I have a friend with an athlon notebook and he runs the game on low at 60 fps all the time. 

If the Wii U GPU really was pushing 550 gigaflops then it would be than enough to render Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, and evn Xenoblade X at 60 fps. The Wii U CPU could easily handle a GPU pushing around 700 gigaflops but that's the limit. If the Wii Us GPU was really more powerful than what people are claiming then we would see it. We haven't yet, multiplats perform terrible and the only HD games running at 60 fps are simple cartoon games.

With all of that said it's not a problem with the Wii U I'm happy with my purchase but I'm not gonna over estimate it. The Wii U is about as powerful as my phone in reality. 

Who said anything about bigger? Xenoblade X obviously has higher resolution textures, larger animated models with plenty more polygons than Skyrim's Dragons or Mammoths, very dense forests, and similar texture quality when it comes to character models. You said low-level game by the way. I gave you smash, which is more impressive than League of Legends which also lacks pretty muchall of those things you mentioned, and has low polygon characters and lower resolution textures than Smash. Additionally, it drops to around 50 fps consistently on an HD 4670. 

Also, the limiting factor for the Wii U in terms of frame-rate is its CPU not its GPU. If it had a CPU that didn't bottleneck the system it would run Xenoblade X at 60 fps, and Windwaker HD would likely remain at 30 fps, even with a better CPU, because the original played at 30fps, and often you can get glitches by increasing frame-rate (see Dark Souls PC version.) Bayonetta 2 already runs at 60 fps (with drops.) An HD 4670 would likely see similar performance. A 4670 only runs DMC4 at 40 fps 1080p, 56 fps 800p, a game which is much uglier than Bayonetta 2 with similar assets. 

The rest of your post is pulling bullshit out of your ass, sorry. Where are you getting all of these conclusions from? 

Pulling out of my ass? Ok lol I'll play a long. Bayonetta 2 does not run at 60 fps by the way just becasue you hit 60 fps every now and then when things are not happening does not make it 60 fps. If that were the case tomb raider uns at 60 fps on the PS4 which it does not.

Lets compare a Wii U to my phone (G3)

The Wii U GPU runs at 550mhz, my phone runs at 578mhz. (G3 wins)

The Wii U has 320 ALUs, the G3 has 128. (Wii U wins)

The Wii U GPU can handle 4.4 GPix/s, the G3 has 4.64 GPix/s. (G3 wins)

The Wii U most likely handles 350 gigaflops, the G3 GPU  handles 166.5 (Wii U wins)

Before I even continue do you know how GPU and CPU specs actually add up or do you just know the internet defintion of all of these? If you were to open up the Wii U would you know what your looking at and how to analyze it? I'm asking because if you do then we can actually get somewhere with all of this spec talk. If not, well I'm more than happy to explain :) 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Kami said:
Materia-Blade said:

You show me a valid link saying it's 0.35 teraflops. But don't waste your time because that isn't true. We have no confirmed numbers for wii u's gpu (0.35 tflops is jus a random lie) but it's performance on the exclusive games says it all: it can get a port of any ps4/x1 title.

The Wii U gpu is in fact 0.35 teraflops. Just because Nintendo never gave a number doesn't mean IBM or AMD didn't. Sony never said the PS4 was clocked at 1.6ghz but they didn't deny it and AMD confirmed it. Wii U is weak, Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy mine very much. 

Except that AMD didn't say a thing about the gpu's processing power.

Jeez what has this topic turned into. It's not coming to Wii U, just like how none of the mainline FF since like FF7 are coming to Nintendo home consoles, this won't either. You guys need to let it go.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

sc94597 said:
Kami said:

The Wii U gpu is in fact 0.35 teraflops. Just because Nintendo never gave a number doesn't mean IBM or AMD didn't. Sony never said the PS4 was clocked at 1.6ghz but they didn't deny it and AMD confirmed it. Wii U is weak, Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy mine very much. 

Actually IBM and AMD didn't. The 350 gigaflop upper-estimate comes from a combination of tech-minded people looking at the GPU and considering power consumption limits in relation to the size of the die. 

Correct. But since the gpu is heavily customized/different than what they know, their guesses can't be considered accurrate.

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Kami said:

Ok but do you really think a HD4870 is in a Wii U. 0% chance of that happening. 350 gigflops is at the very least within the neighborhood of the Wii U. 

Indeed. No way does it have a 4870. The 4870 is stronger than a 4850 which was in turn stronger than my old 5670 (DX11 card). I can say without a doubt that the 5670HD outperforms the Wii U. Its a GPU that could run a game like Mario Kart 8 in 900p60 with AA . It could handle several DX9 ports at 1080p30. The Wii U probably has a A 5550HD equivalent (25GB/s bandwidth, 352GFlops in DDR3), 5570HD at best. Acording to toms "best graphics for the money" chart the 5550 performs similar to a 4670. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html. As for the 5670 here is its review, even though these are older games they would run this well on the system (several 1080p60s) http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5670,2533.html

Interesting, I never knew anyone who actually had am 5670. I have a HD 8670D proabably the best card I've card. The Wii U GPU is deffintely a mixture of things. It has certain specs that are on level with 4xxx and 5xxx graphics but I still think it's very discrete at best. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

sc94597 said:

Who said anything about bigger? Xenoblade X obviously has higher resolution textures, larger animated models with plenty more polygons than Skyrim's Dragons or Mammoths, very dense forests, and similar texture quality when it comes to character models. You said low-level game by the way. I gave you smash, which is more impressive than League of Legends which also lacks pretty muchall of those things you mentioned, and has low polygon characters and lower resolution textures than Smash. Additionally, it drops to around 50 fps consistently on an HD 4670. 

Also, the limiting factor for the Wii U in terms of frame-rate is its CPU not its GPU. If it had a CPU that didn't bottleneck the system it would run Xenoblade X at 60 fps, and Windwaker HD would likely remain at 30 fps, even with a better CPU, because the original played at 30fps, and often you can get glitches by increasing frame-rate (see Dark Souls PC version.) Bayonetta 2 already runs at 60 fps (with drops.) An HD 4670 would likely see similar performance. A 4670 only runs DMC4 at 40 fps 1080p, 56 fps 800p, a game which is much uglier than Bayonetta 2 with similar assets. 

The rest of your post is pulling bullshit out of your ass, sorry. Where are you getting all of these conclusions from? 

I agree with everything except the bolded.

rolltide101x said:
JNK said:

So there is no doubt that kh3 would run AT LEAST at 720p30fps on wii u.

IF the XBOne version is 1080p and 60 FPS then yes the Wii U could handle KH3 at 720p and 30 FPS. If it is 1080p and 30 FPS it would take quite a bit of work.

I think you guys are misunderstanding a bit what I am saying, ANY game on the PS4 could work on the Wii U if you were willing to lower the resolution to an extremely low level but developers are not going to do that. Is there any Wii U game confirmed to be below 720p? If so, I have never heard about it. I do not think any dev will go below 720p this gen

Stop with these exaggerations. any game could be ported to wii u. If lowering the resolution to 720p isn't enough to run properly, some minor/moderate downgrades seal the deal.

sc94597 said:
Kami said:

AMD does have a spec sheet for a "latte" gpu. 

Can you produce that spec sheet for me and show me where it says 350 Gigaflops? 

Won't matter much since wii u doesn't use an off the shelf gpu.

Materia-Blade said:
sc94597 said:

Can you produce that spec sheet for me and show me where it says 350 Gigaflops? 

Won't matter much since wii u doesn't use an off the shelf gpu.

Should we dismiss that figure even though evidence points towards it?