By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breaking: Valve's VR headset is called the Vive and it's made by HTC

fireburn95 said:
That kinda looks ugly

All of them look stupid, but this is the one with the best design so far.

Around the Network
vivster said:

I hope this will be sign to Oculus that it's cool to actually release a product.

I couldn't find any info about the specs. But since it's HTC I'm assuming horrible LCD instead of OLED.

if HTC take Valve's R&D into VR seriously (they were the ones who came up with the low persistence/backlight strobing, not Oculus) they'll buy and use an oled display instead of buying lcds (HTC doesn't make any displays themselves)

Lafiel said:
vivster said:

I hope this will be sign to Oculus that it's cool to actually release a product.

I couldn't find any info about the specs. But since it's HTC I'm assuming horrible LCD instead of OLED.

if HTC take Valve's R&D into VR seriously (they were the ones who came up with the low persistence/backlight strobing, not Oculus) they'll buy and use an oled instead of buying lcds (HTC doesn't make any displays themselves)

I won't get my hopes up since it's not specifically mentioned.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.