By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 80GB PS3 Bundle Coming To UK!

MGS4 80GB PS3 Bundle Coming To UK

Now, we're well aware how frustrated our European friends can get, what with a very long history of getting great software late (or not at all). However, with gaming becoming more of a global phenomenon every day, things are rapidly shaping up for gamers across the pond. Your European PlayStation Store is quickly getting better, isn't it? A darn sight better than it was upon the launch, that's for sure.

Well, how about this very cool Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 80GB PlayStation 3 bundle? Some Euro gamers freaked out a little bit when the recent Konami press release only revealed bundle details for North America. However, we point you towards an article from ours last year, where SCEE actually confirmed a MGS4 PS3 bundle. Now, we still don't have details on this like we do for the US deal, but more evidence has surfaced on the Internet. It comes from PSLegion, and it seems UK retailers have been told to "prepare" for such a bundle package. According to a forum poster-

"I can't give names but you know that shop I go to well he has been told to prepare for it and he knows a lot about whats going on and he hasn't been wrong before. I'll stake my reputation on this information."

Well, SCEE wouldn't go back on their word, right? And besides, because it's a worldwide simultaneous release, it would only make sense for Konami to provide gamers everywhere with similar options. We'll let you know when the official details are revealed, but for now, it seems a pretty safe bet that the MGS4 80GB PS3 bundle is headed to Europe.

SOURCE 

Will Europe finally get a Backwards Compatable PS3???

I really hope so, it was a mistake to stop offering BC, and what better game to come with it than MGS4?

Around the Network

YAY for the UK.

I never thought it was a good choice of game to bundle. But I guess it could sell pretty well.

...that is....the coolest box...

Okay, Ps3 sales slow till MGS4 confirmed.

Around the Network

It's not the choice of game that i think is awsome, it is the fact that there could be a PS3 with BC coming to the UK.

BC was the reason i told my parents not to get me a PS3 for Christmas.

This is awesome. Now all territories with have the 40gb and 80gb ps3s.

The EU is by far MGS's biggest territory, as well.

Honestly, this is almost as good as a price decrease. I think there will be huge demand for the 80 GB model. And obviously Metal Gear Solid 4.

My only concern is the rating on the MGS4 bundle. If it's rated "M" then only adults will be able to buy the 80 GB model if they don't sell it separately.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Sorry, but I doubt it would be a 80GB.

If it was, it would probaly sell very very well.

DragonLord said:
Honestly, this is almost as good as a price decrease. I think there will be huge demand for the 80 GB model. And obviously Metal Gear Solid 4.

My only concern is the rating on the MGS4 bundle. If it's rated "M" then only adults will be able to buy the 80 GB model if they don't sell it separately.

cause 12 year olds go out and buy ps3s on a daily baisis.....itll be fine