By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - STEAM OS - What do you think?

Zero I'm not sure your capable of replying to me without attacking my character but with all due respect you should stop.

I said and meant mainstream console games, be it cod, fifa, gta, battlefield, Assassin's Creed and many more. Your are twisting my words.

I've also said that if we were to discuss pc centric games it's a different story altogether and pc is the money maker for them. I provide you proof to back up my points and your best reply is calling Ubisoft anti pc when they are nowhere near the worst and have series that started on pc. Your argument will have some credibility the moment you can provide me with financial reports showing the likes of, ubi, ea, Konami, take 2, square Enix etc making anywhere near the amount of money from pc as they do from consoles.

The reality is the bulk of that big steam user base goes for a different type of game than consoles.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
zero129 said:

Trust me just look in some more of the PC threads here on VGC at his posts and you can see he clearly has an agenda against PC gaming, such as here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198870&page=5
 Here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198735&page=3

Just read his posts in them 2 threads and you will see and if you go to almost any other PC thread you will find him inside it stating his "so called Facts" .

May as well add this to the list, on my own thread 8 hours ago, a PC thread that was talking about Konami sales on PC and somehow he deliberately threw in Sony/PS4/PS3 into there with the downplay on PC vs the PS4, this was a reply at least 1 week and 3 days afterwards, I am definitely seeing an agenda.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7106769

The only agenda on here is you and zero attacking me.  Obviously incapable of dealing with hard facts. FYI that was one of the top threads in the pc section. It was from a week ago but it's not my fault the pc section is inactive meaning oldish threads are near the top.

I think it's a gimped version of Debian Linux. Not that that is a bad thing, I use Linux all the time so it's annoying it's slightly gimped. It's entirely fixable, but annoying.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Steam OS is nothing more than Debian with Steam and certain drivers preinstalled. Steam OS will flop imo, I hope it is a success so more games will come to Linux in general. (all of my PCs use Ubuntu)

The Steam Controller is what we should be talking about

Dusk said:
I think it's a gimped version of Debian Linux. Not that that is a bad thing, I use Linux all the time so it's annoying it's slightly gimped. It's entirely fixable, but annoying.

I used to use linux a lot in college and it was indeed very good.  We installed Ubuntu too.  It's a pity it's got such small market share 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

The only agenda on here is you and zero attacking me.  Obviously incapable of dealing with hard facts. FYI that was one of the top threads in the pc section. It was from a week ago but it's not my fault the pc section is inactive meaning oldish threads are near the top.

You commented mentioning the PS4 and PS3 in a PC topic section, you know full well what that brings in that topic of dicussion, you didn't ened to bring your "hard facts" to the table, all you had to say was "grats" like others have said or "more growth", instead you went "pc and playstation. It's mad though that the ps4 % was so high after just 1 year on the market. It's going to see some big growth as the years go by and the ps3 share decreases."

The only part you mentioned about PC was "This report is very positive for pc" the rest was playstation/Sony based, you never mentioned anything for XBox and based the rest with Sony, instead of going from a universal approach which would have easily been more acceptable and more friendly, you instead went for your console of preference being overall better than PC in a thread talking about the growth prospect for PC, that's not hard facts you brought to the table, you just wanted another reason to jump into a PC thread and rub some salt.

The thread wasn't at the top list for the threads I was looking at, not unless of course you only had PC gaming as the only option box to filter out every other platform and news post, in which case why did you?, PC isn't your main spec and never will be and I'll freely admit PS4 will never be mine, but as of recent you've started enetrering PC threads with these so called "hard facts" which are doing nothing but disrupting the topics, getting the threads locked and just in general pissing others off.

Also the whole "attack on my character" you really need to stop with that act.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Kerotan said:
Dusk said:

I used to use linux a lot in college and it was indeed very good.  We installed Ubuntu too.  It's a pity it's got such small market share 

Very true. I like to jump between different distros, however I have settled with OpenSuse for now. I'm not sure when you were in college, but it's worth giving it a try again. Very good systems. Ubuntu tends to be a bit bloated but it still works well. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

You commented mentioning the PS4 and PS3 in a PC topic section, you know full well what that brings in that topic of dicussion, you didn't ened to bring your "hard facts" to the table, all you had to say was "grats" like others have said or "more growth", instead you went "pc and playstation. It's mad though that the ps4 % was so high after just 1 year on the market. It's going to see some big growth as the years go by and the ps3 share decreases."

The only part you mentioned about PC was "This report is very positive for pc" the rest was playstation/Sony based, you never mentioned anything for XBox and based the rest with Sony, instead of going from a universal approach which would have easily been more acceptable and more friendly, you instead went for your console of preference being overall better than PC in a thread talking about the growth prospect for PC, that's not hard facts you brought to the table, you just wanted another reason to jump into a PC thread and rub some salt.

The thread wasn't at the top list for the threads I was looking at, not unless of course you only had PC gaming as the only option box to filter out every other platform and news post, in which case why did you?, PC isn't your main spec and never will be and I'll freely admit PS4 will never be mine, but as of recent you've started enetrering PC threads with these so called "hard facts" which are doing nothing but disrupting the topics, getting the threads locked and just in general pissing others off.

Also the whole "attack on my character" you really need to stop with that act.

Ok so I need to universally praise everyone in every post. Obviously positive for pc and playstation wasn't enough.  I actually read the article and it mentioned that playstation dominated Konami Konamis revenue.  If the article in question talks about it I'm sure as hell entitled to discuss it too.  Otherwise I recommend finding an article that mentions pc only.  I'm not a big bad fanboy you know and it's about time you stopped dragging everything off topic and making it about me.  

Kerotan said:

Ok so I need to universally praise everyone in every post. Obviously positive for pc and playstation wasn't enough.  I actually read the article and it mentioned that playstation dominated Konami Konamis revenue.  If the article in question talks about it I'm sure as hell entitled to discuss it too.  Otherwise I recommend finding an article that mentions pc only.  I'm not a big bad fanboy you know and it's about time you stopped dragging everything off topic and making it about me.  

So for every time PC and PS4 are mentioned in the same article you;re going to more likely praise or talk more about PS4 than talking about both in equal terms?, good to know that part has been explained already.

It's not that you're entitled though, it;s that you wanted to talk more about PS4 growth in a PC thread, god knows why you wanted to steer it into that direction in a thread that's not specifically  talking about PS4 Konami growth, last time I checked I got told by others I couldn't talk about PC's in a thread talking about consoles even with articles posted within that thread talking of PC's as well and the op not exactly specifying that PC's couldn't be mentioned.

You drag yourself into this when you decide to quote me, I merely mentioned to Zero about what you said in my thread that you decided to interact with a week and 3 days later and explained to him why and you on purpose decided to butt in and make it more about you than ever, you know full well you could have "ingored" the post or the fact you butted into my thread talking about PS3/PS4, I don't care if the article mentioned it, you went against double the fact it was a topic about PC konami growth and it was in the PC dicussion section, you do this on purpose to get a rise out of people like me and zero so we get banned and make yourself look like some super innocent victim, if you want to carry this on purpose instead of dropping it then I'm more than happy to contact a mod to make it dropped because I want it dropped but it can't be because the last few times you've already proven you like getting a alst word in, even on my wall after I asked you not to, you do this on purpose regardless of my suggestion.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Lets get this back on topic. The title says Steam OS so please lets discuss Steam OS.

This thread has generated a lot of reports, which will be attended to, for now lets get back to the topic at hand.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|