By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - popular gaming franchises that you never played.

platformmaster918 said:
Cloudman said:
platformmaster918 said:
Cloudman said:

I hate to say this, but I just don't really like Sack boy. Something about him I just don't like... : X GoW I've watched on several occassions, but I didn't feel like playing on my own. Puppeteer on the other hand, I would like to play some time ; )

It really is charming at every turn.  It reminds me of a Miyazaki film in that it creates a crazy world with its own rules but trusts the audience to catch on.  Sometimes the cutscenes can get long but they're all skippable and fun to watch.  Also the platforming is varied as they give you new tools throughout.

Are we talking about Puppeteer? That game is certainly charming, and your weapon is a pair of scissors! That is just awesome! I love the different heads too : )

yes that's what I was talking about lol sorry that wasn't clear

That's alright. I'll definitely pick up puppeteer when I can ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Bioshock, Final Fantasy, Halo, Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect..to be honest I never had really interests in games from EA.

I've never played a Battlefield game, nor have I played any of the Need for Speed games.

BraLoD said:
Mostly XBOX franchises

Halo (I do played a bit of Halo 3 but I can't consider that)
Gears of War
Fable

Forza

Some Ninty too
Metroid
Smash Bros
Pikmin (dunno if that is really popular though)

Sony only one and it's gettimg popular just now it seems
Persona (that will change soon though, already got P3 and P4)

@op ones in bold above me

@bra depends if you count a series where it sells around 1.5 million every game popular or not

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

InnocentSin said:
I say FFVI and FFIX because I think they're the best games in the series (Along with FFXII, but I didn't cite that one because it can be overwhelming with it's huge world). Playing FFVI and FFIX (Or even, FFIV/FFV) will give you an appreciation of the classic feel of FInal Fantasy as opposed to the modern feel it has today. 

Bravely Default is basically a Final Fantasy game on the 3DS, though it's more akin to the spinoffs like Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.

Good to know! I'll definitely consider your recommendations when I try the series out.

And yes, that's what I've heard also. It's comforting to know that Squeenix can still make games with that kind of classic gameplay.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

I try to play everything at least once to see if I may like it, in a friend's house, on an event, somewhere else, but there are at least 3 that I have NEVER played, not even for a few minutes:

LBP
Kingdom Hearts
Dragon Age

Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, not really a driving fan, unless its Mario Kart. I've played pretty much all big franchises though, there are however some i don't like, Assassin's Creed for example, but i have played it.

Zelda
Halo
Mass Effect
God of War
Gears of War
Fable
Forza
Jak and Daxter
DMC
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Persona
Disgaea
Kingdom Hearts
The Witcher
Dark Souls
Silent Hill
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank
LittleBigPlanet
Bioshock
Metroid
Elder Scrolls
Fire Emblem
Metal Gear Solid
Resistance
Killzone
Dragon Age
Pikmin
Battlefield
Starwars
Lego games
Xenoblade
Bayonetta
Monster Hunter
Tekken
Fallout

...and probably more

I'm probably gonna buy Persona 5, Disgaea 5, the next Silent Hill game with Norman Reedus, KHIII whenever it comes out and The Witcher 3

PS4 Game Collection

kinda share in that. I've played Kingdom Hearts 2 and the PSP one for like an hour... don't think that counts. 

This made me tear up a little XD. I wish I could lend you some!