By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 - How big would it be?

how much would it sell?

less than 5 million 2 2.86%

over 5 million 8 11.43%

over 8 million 4 5.71%

over 10 million 7 10.00%

over 12 million 9 12.86%

over 15 million 13 18.57%

over 17 million 9 12.86%

over 20 million 11 15.71%

over 25 million 2 2.86%

over 30 million 5 7.14%

Total:70

the only thing that i am certain about, is that we can drive cars. since it's rockstar and red dead did great, i think around 12 mill

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Wright said:

With Rockstar Logo on it, everything has a lot of potential as a series. Remember, Red Dead Redemption is the second part on the Red Dead franchise.

What was the first part? 

Red Dead Revolver, but it wasnt Rockstar who made it. they bought the IP rights then made red dead redemption. while its technicially the second game in the franchise, you can say its theoratically a new IP, since the game took a new direction, dev and goal with RDR. 

actually i was wrong, it was Rockstar san diego who developed it. i remember they bought it from another publisher and they did, it was originally developed by capcom then dropped, the rockstar bought it and expanded on it. 

I'm still upset that the 1st game in the series really didn't have very good sales. It was one of my favorite games on PS2.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Assuming they announce RDR2 for PC,XB1 and PS4 along with an HD version of the first for all 3 platforms, the second game could do up to 18m if not 20 combined.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

bananaking21 said:
Kerotan said:

What was the first part? 

Red Dead Revolver, but it wasnt Rockstar who made it. they bought the IP rights then made red dead redemption. while its technicially the second game in the franchise, you can say its theoratically a new IP, since the game took a new direction, dev and goal with RDR. 

Was that on the ps2? And is it any good? 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
bananaking21 said:

never played it, and only heard of it after playing RDR. i heard it was okay. nothing special. 

shikamaru317 said:
Kerotan said:

From what I heard it was ok, but not as good as most of Rockstar's other games in the last 15 years or so. It's sales were pretty lackluster considering the fact that it was a Rockstar game, in the 6 years between it's release and Redemption's release it sold less than 1m. It's surprising that Redemption was made after Revolver's lackluster sales, but it all worked out in the end for Rockstar, since Redemption became their best-selling game outside of the GTA series.

Was the first made by Rockstar though?  I thought someone said they bought the IP? 

shikamaru317 said:
Kerotan said:

Was the first made by Rockstar though?  I thought someone said they bought the IP? 

It was originally in development at Capcom, but development switched over to Rockstar San Diego who finished the game. Rockstar published the game in NA and EU, Capcom in JP. With Rockstar publishing and marketing it in the west less than 1m in sales was pretty bad, which is why I say it is pretty suprising that a sequel was made. In comparison to Rockstar's other non-GTA games in the last 10 or so years, Bully has sold about 3m (more with digital included from the 360 version), Max Payne 3 has sold over 4m, LA Noire has sold over 6m, and Red Dead Redemption has sold over 12m. 

The capcom,  take two history is interesting.  Didn't capcom used to publish gta in Japan?