By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii ports continue!

Eidos have announced that they are creating a version of Tomb Raider Anniversary for the Wii.  The PC, PS2 and PSP versions are being released next month, but the Wii version isn't expected until later in the year.

Is this another port or will there be enough new content to warrant a separate delayed release?

I hate it when developers can't simultaneously release games over multiple platforms.

What's the chances that not very many people will pick up this game?  Quite a big chance IMHO. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Delayed multiplatform ports sell poorly for Nintendo. Crappy ports sell poorly as well. This game will probably fall into both categories...

i agree.

I don't know DRJ. The Gamecube port of Tomb Raider Legend was actually handled well. Bill Gardner of Eidos has been bullish on Nintendo since he took over the reigns. The fact that its not a simultaneous release makes me think it will be a quality port.

Darc Requiem said:
The fact that its not a simultaneous release makes me think it will be a quality port.

It's not a simultaneous release because it's only just be announced.  Tomb Raider Anniversary for the PSP and PS2 has been in development for well over a year and is due out in the next month.

It's just a shame that they are even bothering.  Maybe it's a case of....the Wii doesn't have a Tomb Raider....so lets port Anniversary for it....what they should be doing is designing a new Tomb Raider for the Wii specifically.

This is like Spiderman 3 or the PSP....all other versions are out, but the PSP version isn't due out until October....noone...and I mean noone will buy it...if it's just the exact same as the other versions.  You've lost the momentum.  But if it changes into a separate title and isn't Spiderman 3 The Movie...but Spiderman something else...then it's got a chance.

I can't see Tomb Raider Anniversary selling too well for the Wii....it's got everything against it.  It's a port of a remake and is not likely to appear until months after it's been released multiplatform.

A waste of time IMHO. 

Around the Network

You completely missed my point Davygee. They could Ubisoft the game and release a shoddily ported glitch riddled game alongside the more polished PS2 and PSP versions or they could do the port right and have the game come out later. Judging by their track record with the Tomb Raider Legend port on GC, Eidos will actually do the Wii title justice. The lateness of the game will more and likely negatively effect its sales. That said, its better to have quality port arrive late and have customers who buy it look forward to your next offering. I know a lot of Wii owners that have sworn off the aforementioned Ubisoft because of their timely but rushed Wii titles. Also Spiderman 3 isn't the best example. At least the PSP version has a chance to actually be a good game. The PS3, 360, and Wii versions showed promised but were obviously rushed to be released alongside the movie. The PS2 game was just plain bad, I mean it looks like a PS1 game. The PSP game could still suck but at least its developers have time to clean the game up.

Darc Requiem said:
You completely missed my point Davygee. They could Ubisoft the game and release a shoddily ported glitch riddled game alongside the more polished PS2 and PSP versions or they could do the port right and have the game come out later. Judging by their track record with the Tomb Raider Legend port on GC, Eidos will actually do the Wii title justice. The lateness of the game will more and likely negatively effect its sales. That said, its better to have quality port arrive late and have customers who buy it look forward to your next offering. I know a lot of Wii owners that have sworn off the aforementioned Ubisoft because of their timely but rushed Wii titles.

Yes, I agree.  Eidos probably will do the game justice...It's just that I hate it when games are released on other systems...especially less powerful systems...and then released on your system.

Spiderman 3 is an example of this for the PSP.....and Tomb Raider Anniversary could be an exmaple of this for the Wii.  By the time it comes out for the Wii....most people that want the game will have bought it for their PS2 or PC surely.

Rainbox Six Vegas and GRAW2 for the PSP are other examples...but I suppose these games are only available on the 360 and soon to be on the PS3...so it's a little different because there is no PS2 versions it won't impact on the PSP sales that much...unless they are mince. 

davygee said:

Spiderman 3 is an example of this for the PSP.....and Tomb Raider Anniversary could be an exmaple of this for the Wii.  By the time it comes out for the Wii....most people that want the game will have bought it for their PS2 or PC surely.

I dont know man, if they add some cool Wii-remote stuff it might be worth it. Maybe shaking the Wii remote shakes the boobs?