By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345

^ I feel the same watching UFC and GSP (Though he retired :/) I wont lie, i dont watch boxing, but just like UFC there is multiple ways to win. People would hate on GSP for going the distance and keeping his opponent on the ground by out wrestling them, but i loved that about him. Its not all about the knock out, you have to be on point with everything in your gameplay, not just focused on brute force. Its not that simple as it is a constant chess match with not only physicality, but also mentality.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
^ I feel the same watching UFC and GSP (Though he retired :/) I wont lie, i dont watch boxing, but just like UFC there is multiple ways to win. People would hate on GSP for going the distance and keeping his opponent on the ground by out wrestling them, but i loved that about him. Its not all about the knock out, you have to be on point with everything in your gameplay, not just focused on brute force. Its not that simple as it is a constant chess match with not only physicality, but also mentality.

That's true but then again he didn't run away. That's the difference between MMA and Boxing. In the MMA you can't win by running away, in Boxing you can.

For me, its not like I didn't expect this type of game plan from Mayweather but when he didn't even tried to KO Pacman, well that's where the disappointment sets in.

Lafiel said:
DonFerrari said:
jlmurph2 said:

Lol what? The reason mayweather won those is because Manny couldn't hit him.

Mayweather- 148 of 435 Manny 81-429

Easy decision.

What kind of counting were they using??? Mayweather didn't even throw 148 punches.

a punch of mayweather obviously counts for 5-10 punches

Yep that must be it. He is such a genius that each time he moves and punch it's such a blessing that it must count 5-10 times.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jlmurph2 said:
Goatseye said:
People!!! Watch fighting games on Twitch and leave boxing the hell alone.

Lol this!

I swear ppl just don't even understand why he won even though its so obvious.

According to Popo Freitas, multi champion from Brazil, and also a champion from Mexico he won due to judge... Their opinion were that Pacman won by a landslide, so I'll stick to world champions opinion and analysis.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Boxing = a sport of not being hit, hugging and tiptoeing without doing much.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
I've noticed a lot of people on facebook are mad that it wasnt an all out slug fest or that it didnt end in KO and I have to tell them(did tell them). Boxing is about winning in varieties of ways, its not just all about KO'ing a target. It's also about outsmarting your opponent and wearing them down,out thinking them and out pointing them.

There's more than one style to boxing than just KO'ing and brawling

But when after a full 12 round both fighters walk out almost unscathed and with breath for a second fight you know it wasn't that exciting.

DonFerrari said:

But when after a full 12 round both fighters walk out almost unscathed and with breath for a second fight you know it wasn't that exciting.

Maybe it was actually a sparring practice and they both fooled us all? LOL!

At least we are getting some funny memes. This one is my favorite xD

Pretty boring fight. Manny should have known this would happen though....

Neither seemed to be to invested in this fight and actually willing to risk it for the win. Both looked pretty chilled after the fight...like it was another day at the office.

i understand that this is boxing and this is what its about, but the sport will lose popularity because of it. There were a lot of people watching this fight...a lot. It was a real opportunity to get some people to really start watching again, but im pretty sure many of these people are saying to themselves "this is why i dont watch boxing".

Hopefully one day we will see a UFC fight that is this big and hopefully that wont be a disappointment.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

There really was no question with this. I can't imagine how anyone could give Pacquiao more than 5 rounds, and that's if they really wanted Pac to win. He just didn't do anything other than hit Mayweather's gloves a whole lot. His famous flurries might have looked nice but they seldom connected. When he did connect with a stray left, he never could turn it into anything.

This after listening to Pac's trainer talk about how they had the perfect game plan. I'd love to know what that was supposed to be, because he never came close to solving Mayweather.

pokoko said:
There really was no question with this. I can't imagine how anyone could give Pacquiao more than 5 rounds, and that's if they really wanted Pac to win. He just didn't do anything other than hit Mayweather's gloves a whole lot. His famous flurries might have looked nice but they seldom connected. When he did connect with a stray left, he never could turn it into anything.

This after listening to Pac's trainer talk about how they had the perfect game plan. I'd love to know what that was supposed to be, because he never came close to solving Mayweather.

The gameplan was to claim you won and hope for a rematch to get another payday after getting countered with straight rights and left hooks all night long.