By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest bosses you've ever fought

The current ones that gave me a hard time that  can think of is Satan and Lord DeRosso from Bravely Default. It was so frustrating when I would be doing so well when they suddenly kill me in a single turn... >: (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Well.. I bought King of Fighters 13 last week.. Haven't played the game much, but I've never experienced a character suffering from "cheap SNK boss syndrome" before. So, that guy... whatever his name is... granted, I only ever fought him once, and I'm not too well with my understanding of the game, as it's my first King of Fighters game.

I really don't have a problem with bosses in games.

Some of those SNK bosses have given me nightmares in my childhood, and can easily be listed here for me.

Other than that, one that comes to mind for me is Penance from FFX International. It was pretty difficult before you find the right strategy.

Dude, SNK final bosses in their fighters were stupidly hard. They were the main issues of those games. Too dang hard! >: ( Rugal I hated so much...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I was sleep-frakked during the last leg of Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, so I kept backtracking when I didn't have to, used up most of my ammo and fought the final boss using only a knife.

NEVER AGAIN.

Wright said:

It IS impossible without the boomerang, if I recall correctly The game tricks you into thinking that the secondary quest is just that, secondary. But in order to beat the game, you do need the Lens of Truth, and you do need the boomerang.

Which is absolute bullshit, but it seems nobody in the world points out that flaw, but anyway.

@OP: recently I had trouble with Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime, but he's more annoying than hard. Then there was the Joker in Batman NES, which is more unfair than anything. Majora's Mask first form was also annoying without knowing what to do. But that's recently. In the history of ever, I don't know...

That seven forms guy from Gunstar Heroes can be hard as fuck depending on which forms he chooses. Cloud of Darkness in FF3 is hard because of bullshit. The final boss of MG Rising is also pretty tough (plus, it's ridiculously over the top, oh my god). And I remember having the hardest fucking time with Yunalesca (FFX) and Sigma (MMX4). And Sephiroth in KH2, Jesus. But granted, that's a superboss.

Yellow Devil from the first Mega Man is supposed to be hard, but I shamelessly used the pause trick.

Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII, though not an overly difficult boss, was a painful experience that caused me to rethink my life. It took me literally three years of on-off playing to beat it, and I got nothing as a reward.

Every boss from the rebooted Ninja Gaiden series was a pain in the arse.

Around the Network
Wright said:
mZuzek said:

And speaking of it, another really tough boss in another Zelda game I wasn't that fond of was Nightmare in Link's Awakening. That was basically impossible without the boomerang.

It IS impossible without the boomerang, if I recall correctly The game tricks you into thinking that the secondary quest is just that, secondary. But in order to beat the game, you do need the Lens of Truth, and you do need the boomerang.

???

I don't think I ever used the boomerang on any of his forms. In fact, I don't think I ever really used the boomerang, period.

Anyways, I always hated Velius from Final Fantasy Tactics. If you didn't prepare for his fight, that bastard was a complete...er, bastard.

noname2200 said:

???

I don't think I ever used the boomerang on any of his forms. In fact, I don't think I ever really used the boomerang, period.

As I said, I don't really recall properly. I do remember throwing everything I had at him and only the boomerang working. You do need Lens of Truth to figure out final dungeon's pattern, though

Wright said:

As I said, I don't really recall properly. I do remember throwing everything I had at him and only the boomerang working. You do need Lens of Truth to figure out final dungeon's pattern, though

That part's definitely true. I forget, can you actually enter the final dungeon without the Lens?

noname2200 said:
Wright said:

That part's definitely true. I forget, can you actually enter the final dungeon without the Lens?

You can, with blind luck. It doesn't take that many tries, so if you do some maths you can come up with the result. But it certainly helps much more knowing the actual path you have to take xD

Krauser (Resident Evil 4) * My guns were pretty weak when I got to him.

and Carnage (Spider Man: Maximum Carnage) * This whole game is a nightmare.