By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

Nathan13 said:
Kerotan said:

Does it bother you?

If so then why?  I'm sure he'll update it soon 

Of course this bothers him, he has 'XBox Empire written and stamped on his Avatar', and he post 3 times per page in this Thread even if he will never buy the Game.   And I'm not even surprised.

I might understand there is nothing to play on XBox One,  but why to waste all this time on a Thread devoted to the Order 1886, when you don't care about the Game.

By the way,  ''Where The Order: 1886 excels is in the strength of its cinematic visuals. While it might sound superficial, the look and feel of The Order is powerful enough to be worth a playthrough on its own. Textures, lighting, facial animation, particles, cloth, and so on are all impeccable, raising the bar in a way that we’ve been waiting for since the start of this generation. And in our playthrough, we only came across a single minor bug. The only nagging flaw is that our character apparently doesn’t reflect in mirrors.

Yet, it’s not just about the fidelity of the graphics, it’s about the intricate craftwork and design of these spaces. Fine details bring each character and location to life, taking you on an interesting visual journey as you explore the round table of the council chamber, eerie underground passageways, and the marvels of the airship Agamemnon. Some locations are even littered with props like brass pots or ceramic jars swinging and shattering in the midst of gunfights. Meanwhile, the melancholy, string-driven score anchors the mood, and is wisely implemented with the dread of some scenes amplified by the lack of any music whatsoever. There’s a solid sense of place, and we just wish that we could explore more of it.

In the end, The Order: 1886 is truly an exciting spectacle in a setting that we thoroughly enjoy, elevating our expectations for PlayStation 4 games to come. However, it’s held back by its limited scope and abbreviated plot. It may not have the most well-rounded strengths, but it’s a remarkable game nonetheless.''

Score: 8.2/10

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/rzuqyr/the-order--1886-review

I wouldn't word it like you have but he has got a high post count in here so he does care about this game for good or bad. No issue with that fact I'm just saying you're right in that regard. 

Around the Network

i just finished the game in 8 hours and i give it an 8. i think people were expecting too much.
hope this doesn't make RAD sad and stop making games

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

Wasn't really a scene. There's no hostility or harsh sarcasm in my posts on the subject.. 

You said I was hostile and that it was dropped already.  Sounds like from your point of view it was a seen. Personally I got a little giggle.  Definitely not hostile but maybe you could call that a scene.  

And then we get into a conversation about what's hostile or not and what defines a scene. It lasts a couple pages derailing the thread with no true purpose. Its better if you just drop it like I did a while ago.

Angelus said:
jlmurph2 said:

And here I was thinking this was an open forum. My mistake.

@bolded: lol ok

You Xbox peasants should stay in your own damn thread, quit sticking your nose in other people's business! 

Yeah, everybody is entitled to his opinon; but sometimes it's annoying when fans of the other console never bring costructive topics, never bring something positive, but just keep spreading negativity, or pointing on the same subject over and over again, in general.   I believe you might agree with me.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:

You said I was hostile and that it was dropped already.  Sounds like from your point of view it was a seen. Personally I got a little giggle.  Definitely not hostile but maybe you could call that a scene.  

And then we get into a conversation about what's hostile or not and what defines a scene. It lasts a couple pages derailing the thread with no true purpose. Its better if you just drop it like I did a while ago.

That's funny because if you dropped it you wouldn't be replying to me.  I think the best thing would not be taking issue with one point in future threads. Learn from past mistakes 

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
Angelus said:

You Xbox peasants should stay in your own damn thread, quit sticking your nose in other people's business! 

Yeah, everybody is entitled to his opinon; but sometimes it's annoying when fans of the other console never bring costructive topics, never bring something positive, but just keep spreading negativity, or pointing on the same subject over and over again, in general.   I believe you might agree with me.

My signature sums up the situation nicely.  It's mad to think such a simple and solid game has brought the industry to a standstill the past few days.  

Btw how do you find out how long you've taken to complete it?

Can we please get this discussion back on topic.

Anyone is allowed to post their opinions on any topic regardless of their preferences, as many times as they like. As long as its within the bounds of the rules. Should anyone break rules, simply report it, and we will handle it from there.

Lets not resort to flaming and trolling.

Thanks.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Kerotan said:
Nate4Drake said:

My signature sums up the situation nicely.  It's mad to think such a simple and solid game has brought the industry to a standstill the past few days.  

I just started playing it, and today, finally, I'm alone at home, wife and kid went to the pool !   I'll spend half a day on it and I will let you know.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Kerotan said:
Nate4Drake said:

I am just glad Sony had the ballz to make this game. If they had listened to the gaming media the Order would have been a AC clone. 3 chapter complete on the 4th and it is something else. Unique. The gaming industry dies when a small segament of the consumers dictate to the rest how their games should be played.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Kerotan said:

I am just glad Sony had the ballz to make this game. If they had listened to the gaming media the Order would have been a AC clone. 3 chapter complete on the 4th and it is something else. Unique. The gaming industry dies when a small segament of the consumers dictate to the rest how their games should be played.

Exactly.  Walking through London in the order makes me sad that assassin's creed cities could be like this.  The atmosphere and the graphics are exceptional.  Game was only 30 gigs so if they can expand their team and resources a sick content heavy sequel could be in "order"