By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Clash of the titans ireland vs england, only one winner

Shinobi-san said:
Kerotan said:
Shinobi-san said:

yeah i agree AB's are definitely far ahead. Nevermind the wins, just the brand of rugby that they play is far ahead of everyone else.

Still though i wouldnt put England ahead of SA...they havent been playing great either. And they have no wins over the AB's or Springboks in recent times. Atleast Ireland has a win over us and are playing exciting rugby.

We as in ireland have played extremely boring rugby in our 2 matches this year. I'm actually enjoying provincial rugby 10 times more atm because they actually score tries in their matches. 

Was talking more about general form over the last year. Ireland has been playing some of the best rugby they've ever played.

No denying that.  Our couch is a genius 

Around the Network
raidinglarastomb said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Oh, for a sec I thought you were talking about cricket. lol

No the sport of real men, protection is for pussies, go on youtube and look up rugbys hardiest hits. Unreal, sport for tea men. Lol cricket compared to rugby😂

How about you face an over from Stuart Broad with just your rugby gear on, and then let me know if you think protection is just for pussies.

But speaking of Ireland and Cricket, great win over the West indies by the Irish lads.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

And seriously, the only real Titan in rugby is the All Blacks. All the rest just want to be titans.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

FightingSmile said:
Australia in rugby are going backwards. I used to like rugby union myself but I am sick of tired of all these 3 point penalty kicks people take when hey are in the opposing half. I rather see tries then 3-4 minutes of juts a boring kick. That's why I watch NRL lol.

Anyway, Australia should just put on Willl Skelton on earlier not the last 10 minutes as he is a BEAST. Also the f** Kurtly beale needs to go away.

If you are saying they don't take penalty kicks in the NRL when it's an easy 2 points you'd be dead wrong.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
raidinglarastomb said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Oh, for a sec I thought you were talking about cricket. lol

No the sport of real men, protection is for pussies, go on youtube and look up rugbys hardiest hits. Unreal, sport for tea men. Lol cricket compared to rugby😂

How about you face an over from Stuart Broad with just your rugby gear on, and then let me know if you think protection is just for pussies.

But speaking of Ireland and Cricket, great win over the West indies by the Irish lads.

Another sport we greatly punch above our weight in. We are the pound for pound sporting kings! 

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
Pezzilla said:
raidinglarastomb said:
Pezzilla said:
Really starting to enjoy rugby.

Best sport ever, tried to play myself I soon learned I either needed to start taking steroids or moved back in time and went ham at the gym. And frankly I was too lazy for both.it

Its great to see the local support it gets, unlike football/soccer.

EH?

don't understand are you saying people don't support their local football teams/clubs in england,very odd statemen

I was talking about Ireland, not england.

binary solo said:
And seriously, the only real Titan in rugby is the All Blacks. All the rest just want to be titans.

we shall see at the world cup

old skool

As someone who loves both Rugby and Cricket, all Cricket naysayers are welcome to have me bowl a 140kph bouncer at them in the nets if they're so tough :^)

Panama said:
As someone who loves both Rugby and Cricket, all Cricket naysayers are welcome to have me bowl a 140kph bouncer at them in the nets if they're so tough :^)

im not a nay sayer, i just dont get the scoring system

old skool

raidinglarastomb said:
binary solo said:

we shall see at the world cup

That won't change the historical facts. The All Blacks are the titans of world rugby. They have a 78% winning record, the next best winning record is South Africa on 66%, 12% behind the All blacks. Every other country is over 20% behind the All Blacks.

England on home turf will be tough to beat in the RWC, and of course the ALl Blacks have a 0% record of winning RWCs outside of New Zealand. So I while I'm hoping for the All Blacks to break that curse, I give it about a 50/50 chance of happening.

Jimi Hendrix