By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying The Order: 1886?

You buying it brahs?

Yes 394 58.54%

No 213 31.65%

Fuck no, will be buying t... 66 9.81%

Total:673
LudicrousSpeed said:
artur-fernand said:

Six hours without rushing? 4 hours of cutscenes and just 2 hours of gameplay? Where did you read this kind of information?

From the guy who uploaded the play through everyone is discussing.

He says:

5.5 hours to finish (was his first time, did not do a "speed run". You can see him dying and doing a little exploring in the videos)
3 of those are apparently cut scenes
1 of those are QTE's
That leaves 1.5 hours of actually playing the game, which I rounded up since he's going off memory and might be off a little.

It's bizarre. This game was in development for four or five years and they produce a title with around 2 hours of real gameplay apparently. Honestly makes me wonder what others could possibly be doing to be taking 9-12 hours on their playthroughs without even collecting everything.

But it's rather strange no? Most people agree on the 10 hours playtime, but then there's this one guy who've beaten it in 5 hours. I really haven't see this playthrough, so I wouldn't know, but I find it rather odd.

Regardless, this game will be DESTROYED by critics anyway. It's linear, there's no multiplayer, it's a cinematic/story-drive shooter... with their mentality today, I can see a metascore on the 60s. I'll probably like the game though.

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

He says:

5.5 hours to finish (was his first time, did not do a "speed run". You can see him dying and doing a little exploring in the videos)
1 of those are QTE's
That leaves 1.5 hours of actually playing the game, which I rounded up since he's going off memory and might be off a little.

It's bizarre. This game was in development for four or five years and they produce a title with around 2 hours of real gameplay apparently. Honestly makes me wonder what others could possibly be doing to be taking 9-12 hours on their playthroughs without even collecting everything.

But it's rather strange no? Most people agree on the 10 hours playtime, but then there's this one guy who've beaten it in 5 hours. I really haven't see this playthrough, so I wouldn't know, but I find it rather odd.

Regardless, this game will be DESTROYED by critics anyway. It's linear, there's no multiplayer, it's a cinematic/story-drive shooter... with their mentality today, I can see a metascore on the 60s. I'll probably like the game though.

It is strange. He could be remembering times wrong. But I am inclined to believe him over what anyone else says, until those anyone else upload their own videos.

artur-fernand said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

He says:

1 of those are QTE's

I won't be buying it. I just don't feel its vibe. And I'm not that all into shooters.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Burek said:
Kerotan said:
Single player only game so I preordered on my usa account. $59 which works out as 52€ although at the time I preordered it was €40. Pretty good deal for me!!

Don't you hate how Dollar gained strength? In just a few months, the games got almost 20% more expensive. 

Still cheaper than in any EU store, but not by a big difference anymore.

Yeah the saving has gone from 20 euro to 10. I should have preordered uncharted 4 earlier! 

Around the Network

Almost certainly yes. I just haven't decided when.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

people say this, people say that, i don't trust anyone so i'll buy it to jugde it myself. looks interesting enough for me to justify a buy.

Not at launch. When it becomes cheaper definetly giving it a look :D

0815user said:
people say this, people say that, i don't trust anyone so i'll buy it to jugde it myself.

And that´s a perfect way to make bad games succeed, by the time you realize that it doesn´t deserve your money you have already pay for it. That´s how hype works, that´s why this gen is so bad.

Goodnightmoon said:
0815user said:
people say this, people say that, i don't trust anyone so i'll buy it to jugde it myself.

And that´s a perfect way to make bad games succeed, by the time you realiza that it doesn´t deserve your money you have already pay for it. That´s how hype works, that´s why this gen is so bad.

The blame rests entirely on games reviewers, and gamers themselves for shitting all over the process.  You can't blame people for seeing how all these cretins behave, and not wanting any part of it.