By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All of Capcom's million seller titles and million seller franchises

As it became tradition (sort of) sales thread on Sunday, this time for Capcom.

As with my Resident Evil thread before it, all of this is information directly released by Capcom themselves; so first of all a list containing all the Capcom titles to sell over 1m copies.

Note: Capcom only combines the sales of different console versions of the same game if both versions came out at the same time!

So, for Resident Evi 5, all versions of that game were released at the same time, therefore sales of the PS3-360 and PC versions of the game are all combine in one big number. However, for something like Resident Evil 2 that was released on several different systems in different dates it only shows the version to sell over 1m copies, so the N64, NGC, PC, Dreamcast and Game.com version of the game all sold less than 1m copies individually, please read this!

Are the enhanced versions of some games combined with the regular ones?

I'm honestly not sure, as you can see the Director's Cut of the original RE and all the expansions of SFIV are separately, however something like Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition isn't, this either means that said expansion sold less than 1m, or Capcom combined it with the original, there's no real way to be certain as we don't know how Capcom considers certain games.

Now sales of all franchises that sold over 1m copies across all titles.

So, here's something interesting, what exactly does Capcom means by title in this section?

If I told you there are 130 Mega Man games, that's believable, however if I told you there are 13 Dino Crisis games you'd say "No, there are only 4, and only 2 are worth playing!"; so where does that 13 titles thing come from? I don't know, but that's how Capcom lists it. For the million seller number I used the million seller list.

Finally a graph, because they're awesome, it only includes series to sell over 4m units for aesthetic purposes.

Around the Network

pretty sure street fighter is only this huge because of people double dipping with all the different editions (street fighter had like what, 4 editions?), otherwise it'd be as big as megaman.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

RolStoppable said:
Number of titles should be the complete count of every version that was published, including slightly upgraded ones that were potentially Japan-only.

That's what I thought too, but when adding up every single SKU of Dino Crisis as my example, it still only adds up to 8 and that's including the PSN version.

Viewtful Joe and Okami are million selling franchises according to vgchartz... hmm...

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

1) Awesome graph :)
2) I wish MM sold more :(
3) Amazing user name ;)

Around the Network
Megaoverlord12 said:
Viewtful Joe and Okami are million selling franchises according to vgchartz... hmm...

It's sad that that's not true, both are amazing series :(

Okami is a favorite of mine is a shame that all versions of the game combined (and maybe even with OkamiDen) sold below 1m.

Seriously though, chartz says that the PS2 version of Okami sold 340k on ROW, what!? O_0

It's baffling they gave Dead Rising another shot recently, and are still making Ace Attorney games every now and then, but have effectively killed Mega Man, their fourth biggest franchise (and quite far from ther fifth). That's Capcom for you ladies and gentlemen.

Also baffling is how they followed Okami, a game that had the visuals as one of the biggest appeals, with a handheld game. It's a shame that Capcom owns the ip, maybe we could have a Platinum-developed Okami 2 in glorious next-gen graphics.

KyleeStrutt said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

It's sad that that's not true, both are amazing series :(

Okami is a favorite of mine is a shame that all versions of the game combined (and maybe even with OkamiDen) sold below 1m.

Seriously though, chartz says that the PS2 version of Okami sold 340k on ROW, what!? O_0

That's sad, I got Okami on Wii very recently and am loving what I've played so far. Viewtiful Joe on the other hand is one of my favorite games of all time, and it's sad that it, its sequel, DS game, and fighting game all combined sold under a million. Wonder how whoever did the figures for VGChartz screwed up the figures so bad.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Dead Rising 1 is overtracked by 200,000 which is a shame; but I wonder if Chop Till You Drop numbers are taken into account...

Wright said:

Dead Rising 1 is overtracked by 200,000 which is a shame; but I wonder if Chop Till You Drop numbers are taken into account...

As the platform says, its only on 360, and as I tried to explain below it the table, the Wii version is not included as it came out later.