By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Remember the kid who had his special 360 ruined? Bungie says no worries!

Cheebee said:
Dear Nintendo,
someone seems to have accidentally wiped clean my special edition Miyamoto-DS along with my signed copy of Phantom Hourglass.

Dear Cheebee,

Here's a stamp with Miyamoto's sig.

Around the Network

LOL!! My eyes started to water for like 1 1/2 seconds as well. Like I said I'm glad this ends well.

I wonder if some bonehead out there will try something to take advantage of this and try to get some goodies as well.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

PooperScooper said:
Cheebee said:
Dear Nintendo,
someone seems to have accidentally wiped clean my special edition Miyamoto-DS along with my signed copy of Phantom Hourglass.

Dear Cheebee,

Here's a stamp with Miyamoto's sig.

Funny you guys should bring that up, because the website added this to the end of his statement:

*If you are thinking about making up a fake story in an attempt to score some free swag, don’t do it. Nathaniel had numerous people to back up his story, from personal mutual friends to people who actually signed his box to Xbox MVPs he knows in real life. He also saved all of his correspondence with Microsoft and reference numbers from the phone calls. His story could be verified. If you make one up, yours cannot and you will not get away with it. So don’t try.

Anyway, yeah I thought it was really cool of Bungie too.  Way above and beyond what was required of them.  They aren't even associated with Microsoft anymore, and it wasn't their mistake.  So yeah, love or hate Halo, at least respect Bungie for being so supportive of a fan.

darthdevidem01 said:
WOW

BTW

do you all think BUNGIE wil help that Kid who got the 360 box, but not 360 at xmas n cried!

I most certainly hope not!!  That mess was funny as hell.  The ittle brat should have just waited till the right time to open his gift.  He got what he deserved!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Knew it'd happen. Company's would be stupid to not cash in on this kind of feel good publicity.

Around the Network

I heart Bungie.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

naznatips said:
PooperScooper said:
Cheebee said:
Dear Nintendo,

Dear Cheebee,

Here's a stamp with Miyamoto's sig.

Funny you guys should bring that up, because the website added this to the end of his statement:

*If you are thinking about making up a fake story in an attempt to score some free swag, don’t do it. Nathaniel had numerous people to back up his story, from personal mutual friends to people who actually signed his box to Xbox MVPs he knows in real life. He also saved all of his correspondence with Microsoft and reference numbers from the phone calls. His story could be verified. If you make one up, yours cannot and you will not get away with it. So don’t try.

Anyway, yeah I thought it was really cool of Bungie too.  Way above and beyond what was required of them.  They aren't even associated with Microsoft anymore, and it wasn't their mistake.  So yeah, love or hate Halo, at least respect Bungie for being so supportive of a fan.

Yea, I know, I was just making a funny. I'm sowwy.

Still, I'd like that stamp. :p 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I heart Bungie also,
They're one of the game studies that I feel still have some integrity when making games.
Plus, from their behind the scenes bonus footage on each Halo, it would seem like a great place to work and be around.
Such a nice environment.
+1 for Bungie. (Yes, I'm unoriginal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

very cool gesture.

Kasz216 said:
Knew it'd happen. Company's would be stupid to not cash in on this kind of feel good publicity.

I'm surprised by this sort of cynicism.  The guys at Bungie are very start-up minded and probably did this out of a general sense of goodwill, not publicity-mongering.  The principals at Bungie are all wealthy after the MS buyout, and the company as a whole has quite a bit of cash in the coffers.

In other words, they really had no need to do a publicity play.