By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 5 years in jail for being stupid and careless?

5 Years in jail for swatting

Well deserved? 108 49.09%

Not enough? 84 38.18%

Too much? 19 8.64%

Don't care, it's not me LOL 9 4.09%

Total:220
The_Yoda said:
RenCutypoison said:
TBH I'm one of these to think pizzas and missionnaries are already too much.

But though it's nice they want to make him an example and stuff, I really think 5 years is just going to turn a retarded kid into an actual criminal.

Ren has a valid point here.

If what others are saying is true about this likely not being the first time he has done it, then I think the sentence is more understandable but I'd rather see tons of community service and less jail time.

That and psychological follow up (is that the word ?)

Also swatting used to be all the hype in 2005-2008 or something

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
generic-user-1 said:

its wasnt normal to storm a house without checking anything 10 years ago and it worked, outside the US ist still not normal that a swat team storms homes without checking.

Checking WHAT. You're speaking vaguely, which makes me think you have no idea what you're saying. And yes, 10 years ago, swat was a thing. It's been a thing since the 80s.

checking if there is realy something wrong before storming a home.  and yes, swat teams arent new, but they work different now, some years ago the normal police would arrive first, and call in a swat team if there is real danger around now they raid the homes of small drugdealers with swat teams. 

I'd give him 20. If people keep doing this someone is going to get hurt and unless we make an example of people now the problem won't go away. The people that do stuff like this are sick IMO just because all it takes is 1 mistake or 1 bad move and someone gets a bullet in their head

Not enough time. These people are playing with lives.

The police is very nervous when doing that sort of thing, this is not normal stupid, this is not just like talking about a bomb in the waiting line at the airport...

Imagine if the police ended up beating up a member of the person's family they swatted? or shooting someone? or if there was an actual emergency they did not respond to because they were over there?

I say, let's charge him and be sure the news is spreading around so nobody thinks this is "funny".

Yes that sort of stupid deserves to be punished.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:

checking if there is realy something wrong before storming a home.  and yes, swat teams arent new, but they work different now, some years ago the normal police would arrive first, and call in a swat team if there is real danger around now they raid the homes of small drugdealers with swat teams. 

Let's just imagine for a minute that there are 3 people in my house with guns and they just murdered my family and I am hiding in a closet.

Please explain how your scenario works.

theprof00 said:
generic-user-1 said:

Let's just imagine for a minute that there are 3 people in my house with guns and they just murdered my family and I am hiding in a closet.

Please explain how your scenario works.

well, you know, you dont life alone in the street and other people will hear it when someone fires shots checking if something is happenig is easy if the whole street looks out of the window.

dont you think something is wrong when you take a 80s actionfilm plot as example?

I'd give him 20 years, 5 years is pathetic

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

5yrs plus 10 yr Internet Ban. =)

theprof00 said: