By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothetical: Nintendo Agrees To Support PS4, Sony Agrees To Support HDS

Nintendo has no reason to do this.

Its not like Sony has big IPs for handhelds, they win nothing.

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
Captain_Yuri said:
No thanks... Nintendo IPs on Sony platform would Benefit Sony a lot more than Sony IPs on Nintendo platform and Nintendo can make their own hardware as long as they get over their "we must include a gimmick" aspect so Sony providing their IPs to Nintendo wouldn't benefit Nintendo's handheld very much, specially proven by the vita

Exactly what I am thinking. Nintendo IPs on Sony hardware would mean that microsoft gets instantly destroyed.

Sony would need to throw a lot of money at Nintendo for this to happen.

Not really IMO. 

Nintendo would gain *a lot* by having their IP available to 100+ million PS4 owners. 

Franchises like Zelda and Metroid could set sales highs and something like Mario Kart could sell through the roof. Nintendo would benefit a lot, whereas things like Uncharted and God Of War would sell alright on the HDS/Fusion I'm sure, but not really as much as the reverse. 

RealGamingExpert said:
Captain_Yuri said:
No thanks... Nintendo IPs on Sony platform would Benefit Sony a lot more than Sony IPs on Nintendo platform and Nintendo can make their own hardware as long as they get over their "we must include a gimmick" aspect so Sony providing their IPs to Nintendo wouldn't benefit Nintendo's handheld very much, specially proven by the vita

Exactly what I am thinking. Nintendo IPs on Sony hardware would mean that microsoft gets instantly destroyed.

True dat! I am glad the industry doesn't listen to Soundwave's ideas or else it will be one way ticket to business hell

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

KyleeStrutt said:
Nintendo has no reason to do this.

Its not like Sony has big IPs for handhelds, they win nothing.

Being able to sell IP like Mario Kart and Splatoon and Metroid and Fire Emblem to 100-150 million PS4 owners vs. 15 million Wii U owners is a pretty big win for Nintendo if you ask me. 

Several of their franchises would likely see a large uptick in sales. 

This would be a bigger win for Nintendo than Sony IMO, even if Nintendo's pride has to be swallowed a bit. 

Soundwave said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Not really IMO. 

Nintendo would gain *a lot* by having their IP available to 100+ million PS4 owners. 

Franchises like Zelda and Metroid could set sales highs and something like Mario Kart could sell through the roof. Nintendo would benefit a lot, whereas things like Uncharted and God Of War would sell alright on the HDS/Fusion I'm sure, but not really as much as the reverse. 

Then they should go third party and not support only Sony. They could still keep their handhelds.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

There is no way Sony can make all their first party games for a Nintendo handheld and still provide a healthy stream of first party games for their console that rivals Microsoft's exclusives.

Also if Nintendo's handheld plays all PS4 or PS5 games, and it will no doubt be cheaper, how is that not a competitor for the PS4 or PS5?

It would play PS4/PS5 games (other than maybe via streaming, but you need to own a PS4 for that anyway). 

Sony could just set aside one division to port maybe PS3 titles to the HDS, HDS is not going to be on par with a PS4, that's just possible for a handheld (won't be a for while) and perhaps some Nintendo divisions could even work on portable versions of Sony IP (ie: Retro Studios making a God of War game).

I'm sure between the two of these giants they could finance a studio or two to make portable versions of some of these IP. 

I'd rather Nintendo developers don't work on Sony's IPs, that basically means we'll be missing out on a Nintendo game to get another Sony game that will no doubt have another iteration on their home console.  Like if Retro worked on GoW we'd miss out on a Metroid game.

Also if this is just a streaming feature like on the Vita then it sounds like Nintendo is getting the short end of the stick.

I don't see this working for either company to be fair.

RealGamingExpert said:
Soundwave said:

Not really IMO. 

Then they should go third party and not support only Sony. They could still keep their handhelds.

I'd probably rather just support one. If they can force Microsoft out of the industry they could effectively have a monopoly together. 

Sony supports HDS like they support vita?

No thanks.

JazzB1987 said:
Sony supports HDS like they support vita?

No thanks.

I think there'd be more incentive for Sony to support such a platform better just because of userbase. 

Vita has 10 million owners, HDS would have 80+ million in the long term. So that's a plus for them. 

I should probably add I think Nintendo-Sony could probably make a cell phone version of the HDS too. Might as well try it.