By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So it happened, Activision is now worth more than Nintendo.

DrasticDracon said:
Soundwave said:
The Wii U is such a dud though that it's probably for the best they didn't waste a "realistic" Zelda on it anyway.

I have no idea, but I bet that 'toon graphics' isn't even an actual reason why people don't buy the games, even for the "fans" that claim they boycott the series for that reason.

Even Twilight Princess was kind of stylized anyway. Cartoony-ness is a matter of degree, and you're not going to get a Skyrim-looking Zelda (or at least i hope to god not).

Part of my problem with this "live action" thingy.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Mr Khan said:

Even Twilight Princess was kind of stylized anyway. Cartoony-ness is a matter of degree, and you're not going to get a Skyrim-looking Zelda (or at least i hope to god not).

Part of my problem with this "live action" thingy.

Very true. If the series has never even aimed for a "truly" realistic style, why complain about it?

And nothing will change.

It wasn't already?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I always wonder what Nintendo's market cap was in US dollars, now I know.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

It makes me wonder what would happen if Activision entered the console race and MS and Sony would be able to sell any of their games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

They are not worth more. They simply are considered as a better investment by the financial community. Nintendo's assets are worth way more then these 2 companies. Misleading and Irrevelant news in my opinion as these market caps constantly fluctuate anyways.

edit: Nevermind, Activision assets are about equal to Nintendo's assets. However, Nintendo's assets are worth more then double of EA's assets proving my point that market cap doesn't mean anything in terms of which company is "larger".

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Soundwave said:
Market cap doesn't really mean anything that's just based on your current stock price and that changes on a daily basis.

Still Activision is a larger company than Nintendo, they have 7000+ employees whereas Nintendo is only about 5000. It's actually crazy how small Nintendo is.

They might be bigger in terms of employees, but nintendo's assets are definetly a worth a lot more. To me, all that this says is that Nintendo is a more cost efficient company then most corportations out there.

edit: Nevermind, Activision assets are about equal to Nintendo's assets. However, Nintendo's assets are worth more then double of EA's assets proving my point that market cap doesn't mean anything in terms of which company is "larger".

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M