By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil, the sales of survival horror's biggest franchise.

Wright said:
RolStoppable said:

Let's bring this down to the basics instead of getting lost in semantics. In your original post you said it was strange that RE3 didn't sell better, even though RE4 did so well because of its action approach. So do you truly believe that RE3 is closer to RE4 than it is to RE2? Because your original post implied as much.

What I meant is, considering that the action-approach of RE3 didn't pay off, strange that Resident Evil 4 then would come and eventually sell much better than its three predecessors, being a completely action-focused game.

Putting more enemies when combat is uninteresting won't do anything. More action worked in Resident Evil 4 because changes in basics made combat way more enjoyable.

Around the Network

Interesting data and a very fine job compiling all of it! It's kinda sad to see that the two best selling games of a survival horror franchise are the most action oriented ones, at least that's what I hear.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

If RE4 hadn't come around the franchise would've really tapered off into a niche market

Resident evil 2 on N64 is missing or they forgot to include the N64 same.

Notice how starting with Resident Evil 3, sales started to slide but then suddenly shot back up with the release of Resident Evil 4. Many people still blame the fact that Code Veronica came to Dreamcast first and the series was exclusive to GameCube for a while but I think the evidence is still there that gamers were getting tired of the old formula and that the gameplay which really was built around the limitations of the PlayStation hardware had not aged that well. What's particularly notable is how out of all the GameCube Resident Evil games, Resident Evil 4 was the best selling one.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:

Resident evil 2 on N64 is missing or they forgot to include the N64 same.

Read the OP.

So will this site ever actually correct the numbers or will they just leave them to be wrong?

To clarify:
DL(Full-game download) includes Playstation Network, Xbox Live, WiiWare and all digital download units on WiiU, 3DS and PC etc.

Also, must note that Resident Evil 5 is the best selling Capcom game ever.

KyleeStrutt said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I don't think you should put Survival Horror's biggest franchise on the title. People will screan that 5 and 6 aren't Survival Horror.

Can you name a bigger franchise in survival horror?

I mean fine, 5 and 6 aren't true survival horror games sure, but the original and RE2 certainly are.

Right now? Five Nights At Freddy's.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!