By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My third Xbox 360 has broken

Well more specifically it stopped reading disks. My first 360 got the RROD and Microsoft sent me a replacement for free. The second one just up and died on me and I had to buy the replacement myself. Now this one isn't reading disks. I sure as hell ain't buying a fourth one so I think I'm done with Xbox 360. I can still play digital games on it so that's something I suppose. 

Goodbye 360. You've given me some great memories. I just wish you stopped breaking down on me. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

You don't really need one now anyway, it's not getting any exclusives anymore. Sucks you had back luck with them breaking down tho.

Seece said:
You don't really need one now anyway, it's not getting any exclusives anymore. Sucks you had back luck with them breaking down tho.

Yeah not much point now that we're in the next gen. If this happened two years ago I would have bought another one. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ya man bad luck. I have had mine since near launch and never a problem although I think my hard drive is on the way out. It could be the laser is burnt out or dirty. Probably through in a cleaning cd and give that a go. Or you could pick up the part on line and replace it,

old skool

Seece said:

This actually made me sad to read. I hate how disposable games seem to be these days.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Seece said:

This actually made me sad to read. I hate how disposable games seem to be these days.

I wouldn't say they're disposable, just depends on your preference (and I was projecting mine) as soon as I got my Original Xbox I got rid of my Sega Megadrive. I'm sure there are plenty that will hang onto and play their 360's for many more years!

Had the same thing happen. First 360 Rrod'd the day Mass Effect came out. Second 360 stopped reading discs the day Mass Effect 2 came out (got it fixed, though). I have two working Xboxes now, though.

Another fun fact: My 80gb PS3 came with MGS4 so that was my first game. It died installing MG Rising. Both the first and last games were Metal Gear!  I have a super slim, now.  

Sorry to hear that man. I've still a lot of last gen games to get through so please god my ps3 holds out another 2 years. It's been on the road a long time.

Mail me your games.

Seece said:

I wouldn't say they're disposable, just depends on your preference (and I was projecting mine) as soon as I got my Original Xbox I got rid of my Sega Megadrive. I'm sure there are plenty that will hang onto and play their 360's for many more years!

You are a bad person!