By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Sells SOE (Sony Entertainment Online) to Columbus Nova! Going multiplatform (Xbox)

Kerotan said:
VitroBahllee said:

Why does a junkie sell their valuable jewlery to droll on their own lap in an alley? They have no options.

drug addiction is not a joke. 

Who said anything about drugs?

Sony could be a financial stability junkie ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Nem said:
small44 said:

The article said that SOE is a leader in MMO why Sony accept to sell it?

It really isnt that big. That is PR talk. 

Now it's logic to sell it 

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

poklane said:
estebxx said:
so Sony just lost the console exclusivity to Planetside 2... sad day for exclusives i guess.

And H1Z1, DC Universe Online (also on PS3) and EverQuest Next

Yeah i know about those ones but i just think that Planetside 2 is a bigger deal than any of the other ones, well maybe with the exception of EverQuest Next since apparently Everquest used to be a big game long time ago.

in my opinion Sony should have kept the studio, i always found it weird how SOE used to operate, since they dont seem to be a part of SCE first party studios, yet they are a part of Sony but they just focus on PC games, and to be honest their games (aside from Planetside 2) dont really appeal to me, BUT regardless of that having more studios and exclusive games is always a good thing, since you can get more games that appeal to different people and you increase the percieved value of youre console.

the only factor that somehow decreases the percieved lost value of this studio going away, is that their games werent true exclusives since they were already on PC plus the main focus of the studio was always PC.

Sony doesn't make laptops and virtually has no presence in the PC gaming space anymore. Damn times are tough.

It's getting harder and harder to ignore Sonys money troubles now, is it PS fans?

Moderated for this post and others - Leadified

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Very weird decision I think. But hope they got a lot for it. I think however it is rather condescending of that H1Z1 developer to say that so soon. If he wanted to make games for Xbox why was he working for Sony? Idiot.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Planetside 2 is a really good game, other than that SOE games are awful unfortunately. But doesn't SCE own all of SOEs IPs?

I didnt even know that one of those Games wasnt on Xbox, but anyways i never played them, so i dont care^^
Good for xbox-fans of these games

sales2099 said:
Sony doesn't make laptops and virtually has no presence in the PC gaming space anymore. Damn times are tough.

It's getting harder and harder to ignore Sonys money troubles now, is it PS fans?

The only thing that's hard to ignore is Sonys major re-emergence as THE dominant gaming company in every region world wide.  

Actually, the thing that's hard to ignore is gaming feels like its back.  Even Japanese studios have come back aboard.  

Did not see this one coming.

sales2099 said:
Kerotan said:
VitroBahllee said:

Why does a junkie sell their valuable jewlery to droll on their own lap in an alley? They have no options.

drug addiction is not a joke. 

Who said anything about drugs?

Sony could be a financial stability junkie ;)

To companies sell things to "droll on their own lap in an alley"? 

He''s been banned so I think I'll stick to my reasonable version of events. Especially considering the other posts included in his ban.