By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Sells SOE (Sony Entertainment Online) to Columbus Nova! Going multiplatform (Xbox)

Oh and I was going to say expect a lot of layoffs from SOE.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
tiffac said:
I guess this meant no one wanted to buy thier mobile division, so Sony sold the next best thing. Lol!

But seriously, I thought SOE was making money for Sony does this mean its in the red?

Omg I had a big reply written out for you and I clicked off the page.  Basically sony sold their square Enix stake a few years back and it was making them money.  Business works very different to how you perceive. 

it was a question, no need to be all defensive about it. :(

Edit: You would have to forgive my curiousity on the move. 

At least now, they will only fund their exclusives

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

tiffac said:
Kerotan said:

Omg I had a big reply written out for you and I clicked off the page.  Basically sony sold their square Enix stake a few years back and it was making them money.  Business works very different to how you perceive. 

it was a question, no need to be all defensive about it.

My first line is saying my reply to you was deleted by mistake.  you have once again perceived something the wrong way imo.  This time my post because there was nothing defensive about it. Just a regular reply.  

So this is where the hate for the terrible game h1z1 dissapears because it may no longer be ps only?

Good riddance to soe imo, always felt like a growth on the side of the playstation brand than an actual part of it.
And h1z1 is an awful game, xbox fans, should it come out on your system, dont waste your money buying it to find that out.
More bugs than the bottom of a vivarium, terribly dated gameplay and worst of all, suffers from the same issues every other mmo zombie game does, nether, dayz, etc, in that the community is trash.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
tiffac said:

it was a question, no need to be all defensive about it.

My first line is saying my reply to you was deleted by mistake.  you have once again perceived something the wrong way imo.  This time my post because there was nothing defensive about it. Just a regular reply.  

It wasn't your first line that created the misunderstanding. It was the last line but if that's the case then my bad~~

Tachikoma said:
So this is where the hate for the terrible game h1z1 dissapears because it may no longer be ps only?

Good riddance to soe imo, always felt like a growth on the side of the playstation brand than an actual part of it.
And h1z1 is an awful game, xbox fans, should it come out on your system, dont waste your money buying it to find that out.
More bugs than the bottom of a vivarium, terribly dated gameplay and worst of all, suffers from the same issues every other mmo zombie game does, nether, dayz, etc, in that the community is trash.

If this thread is anything to go by you will be labelled as defensive. The reality is dc universe is old, h1z1 a turkey and planetside 2 a decent game.  None of them will matter to console sales even if there good as in the case of planetside 2. Because the console versions are late ports.

tiffac said:
Kerotan said:

It wasn't your first line that created the misunderstanding. It was the last line but if that's the case then my bad~~

Omg I did it again. Deleted my reply. 

Basically I was saying sony probably thought SOE had reached its peak. And the offer was too good to turn down.  Last thing they want is to hold onto them for too long and end up not being able to sell for a good price. That's a mistake they made with the tv and mobile divisions. This was a side project and they will still make the revenue from the games releasing on ps4. The studio has a shit load of employees so they sure as hell weren't cheap to run. 

Sony really sold a lot..

And btw PC ports are important because it is clearly (also on vgchartz) that their are is a large group of console gamers who don't like to game on PC... Just look to Minecraft, a port from a PC game that people not got why they would release it on consoles....It became one of the best selling console games of the last generation.

Kerotan said:
tiffac said:

Omg I did it again. Deleted my reply. 

Basically I was saying sony probably thought SOE had reached its peak. And the offer was too good to turn down.  Last thing they want is to hold onto them for too long and end up not being able to sell for a good price. That's a mistake they made with the tv and mobile divisions. This was a side project and they will still make the revenue from the games releasing on ps4. The studio has a shit load of employees so they sure as hell weren't cheap to run. 

That makes sense. I guess they didn't have confidence with Everquest Next becoming the next big thing with the newer subscription base games like WildStar and Elder Scroll Online struggling right now.