By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

vivster said:
I don't know what Amazon was thinking. As if they were actively trying to destroy their NPD preductor record.

Lol, I doubt they even know that a few dozen geeks on the internet are closely following the hourly/monthly charts.  They're more worried about getting rid of all of those extra XBOs.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Insidb said:

That might be, but they completely removed the Value Bundle from their site. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, because Amazon has been very spotty with product availability notices.

Yeah I noticed that the value bundle has completely gone. I'm guessing there won't be any resupply of Wolfenstein for a while.

Not sure what's happening with the market with Xb one holding steady at 7 and PS4 climbing. I thought it would be the other way around, PS4 holding steady (at 12-13, and Xb one falling. What's with the rush to buy consoles at the end of the month?

You already picked up on the reason: the bundle pushed the X1, X1 controller, and Wolfenstein up, which drove down the PS4's relative position. With the bundle out of stock, the PS4 is just working it's way back up, as they fall back down. 

thismeintiel said:
vivster said:
I don't know what Amazon was thinking. As if they were actively trying to destroy their NPD preductor record.

Lol, I doubt they even know that a few dozen geeks on the internet are closely following the hourly/monthly charts.  They're more worried about getting rid of all of those extra XBOs.

lol exactly

thismeintiel said:
vivster said:

Someone has to tell them then that they're on their way to destroying their good name.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

thismeintiel said:
vivster said:

But I bet there are some Amazon gaming geeks that have noticed Amazon's uncanny predictive ability when it comes to PS4 vs Xb one. It's just that Amazon doesn't officially care about it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
thismeintiel said:
vivster said:

But I bet there are some Amazon gaming geeks that have noticed Amazon's uncanny predictive ability when it comes to PS4 vs Xb one. It's just that Amazon doesn't officially care about it.

They should care though. The longer it takes VGC to update the sales, the more viable becomes the idea of an Amazon based sales site.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
binary solo said:
thismeintiel said:
vivster said:

They should care though. The longer it takes VGC to update the sales, the more viable becomes the idea of an Amazon based sales site.

Trouble is we only have Amazon USA that is fairly reliable for Xb one vs PS4. It's actually pretty useless for almost everything else, and of course we have no idea whether the non-US Amazon sites even do a good job with PS4 vs Xb one. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Trouble is we only have Amazon USA that is fairly reliable for Xb one vs PS4. It's actually pretty useless for almost everything else, and of course we have no idea whether the non-US Amazon sites even do a good job with PS4 vs Xb one. 

Pretty sure at least the bigger European countries preticted the month's winner correctly every month. And I suppose Amazon Japan as well.

Lol, the PS4 is like creeping up on the X1 little by little like a shark xD

the order hanging in there at number 27, nice.