By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

So we know that an extra controller and 50$ cheaper makes the x1 match the ps4 in sales.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
So we know that an extra controller and 50$ cheaper makes the x1 match the ps4 in sales.

is the easter egg in your signature picture the black bars?

Kerotan said:

Total value of both Assassin's Creed games and the extra controller equals to about $100, so the standalone X1's value is $250. TLOU Remastered costs about $40. If you were to get the PS4 just with TLOU, then you'll be paying $360 for the console. With The Order, you'll be paying about $330 for a PS4.

In conclusion, the X1 needs to be valued around $100 less than the PS4 in order to go toe-to-toe.

thedawghousev2 said:
Kerotan said:

is the easter egg in your signature picture the black bars?

Well done sir!!  You win the 10 points xD 

The Order has finally fallen out of the top 40, but still in the top 50. Just a few more hours of February to go, can it stay in the top 50 hourlies until February ends? It is 15 on the monthly, I expect it to stay in the top 20, the CE is at 89 for the month. Evolve is at 82 and 84. While Dying light is significantly ahead of it. If NPD puts Evolve ahead of Dying light and The Order then we know that Amazon has zero credibility with software for the most part, and it's only really the big selling games, like LoZMM that show much correlation. I wonder what the true picture will be for Monster Hunter on NPD.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Insidb said:
eva01beserk said:

No such thing as to low

Lol, she was my neighbor growing up. Fun fact: she was bought, not bred.

Ill need you to elaborate, cuz im about to start crying if what you said is what I think.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Anyone else really interested to see how ps3 does against the 360? Last month was extremely close and it would be pretty significant if ps3 narrowed the gap or took the lead!

Aura7541 said:
Huh... The X1 actually went down on the monthly rankings to #12 (previously #11). The PS4 remains #9.

I'm guessing that means that the sales (after the first big push from the value bundle) between it and the PS4, even when there are a few spots between them, must have been miniscule.

binary solo said:
The Order has finally fallen out of the top 40, but still in the top 50. Just a few more hours of February to go, can it stay in the top 50 hourlies until February ends? It is 15 on the monthly, I expect it to stay in the top 20, the CE is at 89 for the month. Evolve is at 82 and 84. While Dying light is significantly ahead of it. If NPD puts Evolve ahead of Dying light and The Order then we know that Amazon has zero credibility with software for the most part, and it's only really the big selling games, like LoZMM that show much correlation. I wonder what the true picture will be for Monster Hunter on NPD.

Looking at other sites, it seems to be performing well, also.  On Gamestop, its lowest of any site (outside of the Top 200), though it was in the Top 40 for a few days after launch.  On Walmart, if you just get the HW and SW results of current gen (PS4, XBO, Wii U, 2/3DS, Vita), it currently sits at #28.  And on Best Buy, it has remained in the Top 20 since launch, currently sitting at #17.  They usually take longer to update, but there update was relatively recent, since the XBO was just behind the PS4 2-3 days ago, but is now 3 spots behind it.

Kerotan said:
Anyone else really interested to see how ps3 does against the 360? Last month was extremely close and it would be pretty significant if ps3 narrowed the gap or took the lead!

Yea, there is a pretty good chance that the PS3 is going to win some months against the 360, given how small the gap has been.  Especially if it has some really nice deals.  Really, the small gap outside of the holidays between them this year and last in the US, 360's strongest market, just helps illustrate how close their LT sales truly are.  Not the 1M gap for the 360 some thought earlier this year because of the XB family shipment numbers.

Amazon has PS4 with digital codes of Infamous Second Son + Killzone + Last of Us for $399

Source: