By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

PS4 has leapfrogged Majora's Mask is only one spot behind the X1 on the hourlies. We should have our last monthly update tomorrow.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:

They have a new bundle with the free controller. I expect XB1 pass PS4 soon. Too bad for Amazon's streak. I'm sure gaf is going to use this one time as proof Amazon is not reliable. Not taking into account the value bundle was not availible anywhere else.

I doubt retailers would PM a deal like that. Anybody try calling BB and asking?

I don't think anyone uses which console finishes first by the end of the month to decide on what console Amazon suggests will win. As far as I know it's which console was in the lead for the longest. If the PS4 wins (and it will) then Amazon will be right again.

I assume Pionner was referring to X1 passing Ps4 on the monthly chart.

Which would amount to X1 selling more for the duration of the month.

I agree tho, i dont think it will pass Ps4

DannyDanger89 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:

They have a new bundle with the free controller. I expect XB1 pass PS4 soon. Too bad for Amazon's streak. I'm sure gaf is going to use this one time as proof Amazon is not reliable. Not taking into account the value bundle was not availible anywhere else.

I doubt retailers would PM a deal like that. Anybody try calling BB and asking?

I don't think anyone uses which console finishes first by the end of the month to decide on what console Amazon suggests will win. As far as I know it's which console was in the lead for the longest. If the PS4 wins (and it will) then Amazon will be right again.

I assume Pionner was referring to X1 passing Ps4 on the monthly chart.

Which would amount to X1 selling more for the duration of the month.

I agree tho, i dont think it will pass Ps4

Yes the monthly. PS4 is 9 and XB1 is 11. With the new bundle deal i can see it passing the PS4. Maby anyway. There's only 2 days left for the month. But like i said, even if it does that doesn't mean it's going to win NPD.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Aura7541 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
I don't know if anyone noticed but the X1 bundle has been partially back for a while. Just the extra controller though, no Wolfenstein.

I was wondering why the X1 bundle has still been ahead of the PS4 despite the Value Bundle being sold out.

The hourly chart is based on algorithms. Once the bundle is no longer included in the algorithm things go back to normal. Unfortunately we don't know how long the historical data is included, last I read they estimated 5-7 days.

"Recent sales alone are not all that’s taken into account. Amazon also has predictive features built into the Bestsellers Rank, which are likely to be based on historical data of a product. "

The fact that the change is taking a long time means one of three things:
1,) Xbox One recieved a significant boost, dwarfing numbers previously of both consoles in the timeframe
2.) The Xbox and PS4 sales are low enough, the that boost has a bigger impact on its own
3.) The sales gap between is relatively small compared to actual sales of the units 

Protendo said:
Aura7541 said:

I was wondering why the X1 bundle has still been ahead of the PS4 despite the Value Bundle being sold out.

The hourly chart is based on algorithms. Once the bundle is no longer included in the algorithm things go back to normal. Unfortunately we don't know how long the historical data is included, last I read they estimated 5-7 days.

"Recent sales alone are not all that’s taken into account. Amazon also has predictive features built into the Bestsellers Rank, which are likely to be based on historical data of a product. "

The fact that the change is taking a long time means one of three things:
1,) Xbox One recieved a significant boost, dwarfing numbers previously of both consoles in the timeframe
2.) The Xbox and PS4 sales are low enough, the that boost has a bigger impact on its own
3.) The sales gap between is relatively small compared to actual sales of the unites 

The more time passes the more we discover about the rankings.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

i hope it doesn't pass it on amazon because if it does i think it will be wrong at predicting npd this month. i don't want this so far reliable tracker losing it's long win streak!

Kerotan said:
i hope it doesn't pass it on amazon because if it does i think it will be wrong at predicting npd this month. i don't want this so far reliable tracker losing it's long win streak!

Yeah damn amazon for messing up the npd record by making the xbox one an even better deal then it was before :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah damn amazon for messing up the npd record by making the xbox one an even better deal then it was before :P

They should had throw 4 free games on PS4 to keep balance.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Even if Xb one passes PS4 on the monthly and PS4>Xb one in NPD it's still an exception that proves the rule. Without a disruptive element to either Amazon, or a large retailer excluding Amazon, Amazon retains its reliability. Amazon keeps its 100% record when Amazon doesn't do anything that is significantly different to the rest of the market.

And who knows, Xb one might win NPD, especially if there's been price matching, and Amazon might retain an absolute 100% record.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DonFerrari said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

They should had throw 4 free games on PS4 to keep balance.

Exactly

and maybe anoth DS4 :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3