By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What say Nintendo-and Sony fans to "Dragon Quest Heroes"?

Jessica and Yangus coming back! (DQ Heroes)

Jessica < 3 14 25.00%

Yangus : D 3 5.36%

I love both xD 17 30.36%

See results 22 39.29%

Total:56
StarOcean said:
As a huge Dragon Quest fan: PLEASE COME TO THE WEST... We're a starved fan base v.v

The amount of people in this thread who have never played Dragon Quest disturbs me

To be fair, the last console DQ was released ten years ago this November. There is a large demographic of gamers who probably didn't play IX or the handheld remakes because they don't play handheld games. And the PS2 had such a large library of good games that one could easily miss Dragon Quest VIII. I remember a lot of people bought it for the FFXII demo.

Around the Network

Semi interested in it. I am a closet fan of Warriors games, and enjoyed the Zelda fanservice in Hyrule Warriors. But was never really a fan of the Dragon Quest series.

Obliviously it looks graphically better than Hyrule Warriors but wouldnt buy a PS4 to play it. Will get it one day I suppose.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Its a spin off of a bad jrpg. One of those games you can't quite understand why its so popular. Japanese stuff. Console fanboys like it because it pushes sales but most never really played the game. Those who actually played think "I don't quite understand why its so popular. Japanese stuff." Those who like it are in need of some medical attention.

gigaSheik said:
Its a spin off of a bad jrpg. One of those games you can't quite understand why its so popular. Japanese stuff. Console fanboys like it because it pushes sales but most never really played the game. Those who actually played think "I don't quite understand why its so popular. Japanese stuff." Those who like it are in need of some medical attention.

Because people actually like turn-based, party-based, classic jrpgs. Just because it isn't your taste doesn't mean it's not somebody else's. 

DQ IX sold 1.270 mil in the west and got high reviews (88 user score on metacritic/87 critic score on metacritic.) So... 

sc94597 said:
gigaSheik said:

Because people actually like turn-based, party-based, classic jrpgs. Just because it isn't your taste doesn't mean it's not somebody else's. 

DQ IX sold 1.270 mil in the west and got high reviews (88 user score on metacritic/87 critic score on metacritic.) So... 

FF8 sold a lot. Good game? Nope.

Do you trust game reviews? Really?

For a game that sold 1.270 mil I believe 31 Metacritic user reviews a little bit low.

The series is bad.

Around the Network

Very conflicted. I like DQ, and Jessica was a highlight in an already great game. But...it's mussou (or however you spell it)...and I hate those games... =/

The developers of this game need to learn balance of boss battles. That ogre had way too much HP.

Edit: Cyclops, whatever it was.

sc94597 said:

I can't see how Square-Enix - a handheld and mobile focused company now - will release their biggest franchise - in a handheld and mobile focused country - only on a home console. Then again, Square-Enix isn't a very intelligent firm, so maybe it will be on the PS4. My guesses are that it will be a launch title on the next handheld and because of Nintendo's unified OS it will be playable when they release their next home-console in 2017. The next Nintendo handheld should release late next year, so it would line up quite fine. Maybe they'll port it to the PS4 as well (which shouldn't be replaced until 2018.) A mobile port is guaranteed as well. That all would fit in line with the "play on big screen" comment.

It could be a case of moneyhatting. Square made Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive even if the franchise was coming from a recovery from its downfall to irrelevance when the previous game actually sold better on PS3.

torok said:
sc94597 said:

I can't see how Square-Enix - a handheld and mobile focused company now - will release their biggest franchise - in a handheld and mobile focused country - only on a home console. Then again, Square-Enix isn't a very intelligent firm, so maybe it will be on the PS4. My guesses are that it will be a launch title on the next handheld and because of Nintendo's unified OS it will be playable when they release their next home-console in 2017. The next Nintendo handheld should release late next year, so it would line up quite fine. Maybe they'll port it to the PS4 as well (which shouldn't be replaced until 2018.) A mobile port is guaranteed as well. That all would fit in line with the "play on big screen" comment.

It could be a case of moneyhatting. Square made Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive even if the franchise was coming from a recovery from its downfall to irrelevance when the previous game actually sold better on PS3.

The payoff would have to exceed the opportunity cost. Which I doubt it. A DQ for 3DS would make big dollars because of low development costs and high sales. 

gigaSheik said:
sc94597 said:
gigaSheik said:

FF8 sold a lot. Good game? Nope.

Do you trust game reviews? Really?

For a game that sold 1.270 mil I believe 31 Metacritic user reviews a little bit low.

The series is bad.

Any one of these things alone doesn't say much, but all together paint a very different pictures. Also DQIX has 167 user ratings, not 31.