By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War: Chains of Olympus new screens !!!

ssj12 said:
lol this just proves the PSP is a bit stronger then the PS2.. these are amazing.

erm... I think you need to step away from the "puff puff" and go get some air cause that's just crazy talk. Well, seeing as the PSP has been around for 2 years now, we're begining to see how amazing this thing is. With titles like KZ:L, GOW:coo, Socom tactics etc showing what can be done graphically on the PSP the future is very bright for the PSP. I'm thinking Sony is looking to at least a 5 year life span before the release of the PSP2. Very interested to see what they got planned for the next 3 years though.

Around the Network
But damn, those shots look amazing

weezy said:
"Meh! Still don't care about the game. Expecially as Kratos seems to "Bad a**". I know thats stupid, but the character doesn't interest me one bit."

LOL...quit your hating!

Sorry man, but I'm just not a big fan of this game. Everytime I think it looks iteresting I then relizes how over packed this game is with the blood and boobs. It's games like this that give idiot lawyers(you know who I'm talking about)some kind of argument. I'm more on focusing games for players of all kinds.

Sorry to troll, but I feel like I'm the only one who dislikes this game.

rocketpig said:
sieanr said:
Dolla Dolla said:
I think there's more detail in the PS2 shots. Not only that, but you can play God of War 2 in 480p on the PS3. On a tiny screen, yes, God of War will still look gorgeous. But the point is that the PSP is weaker than a PS2. If you were to stretch a PSP game to the same monitor size of a PS2, it wouldn't be a close comparison, in my opinion.

Exactly, it's a resolution of 272x480 vs 480x640. Granted, the PS2's output resolution can vary greatly, but it goes without saying that it's still putting a heck of a lot more pixels on screen than the PSP.

The PSP is more like the dreamcast in terms of power.

Actually 480p goes as high as 480x720 so it's even more slanted in the PS2's favor.

Still, this game looks great.

There are some PS2 games that go as high as 720p/1080i. But most are 480x640, even thought the PS2 can handle a verticle resolution of 400 pixels better.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

The game looks amazing, I'm impressed.