By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the best "Worst selling" console?

Best lowest seller?

Master System 8 2.12%

Genesis 19 5.04%

Saturn 13 3.45%

Dreamcast 77 20.42%

PS3 85 22.55%

Wii U 175 46.42%

Total:377
Wright said:
Mr.Playstation said:

We all know that the PS3 is going to skip the X360 somway or another.

Well, right now, it fits the OP's criteria. xD

Actually the numbers seece brought up were speculation at best. We still don't actually know who is in second or third place so for know the op should have let it out of the poll.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Out of those? PS3

Then Genesis.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

For me, it's Dreamcast and PS3 tied for first and Wii U in a second (or I guess third) place.

Dreamcast > PS3 > WiiU > Mega Drive. Haven't played on a Saturn or Master System.

The Dreamcast has plenty of awesome games, it's one of my favorite consoles period. Too bad it died so quickly. PS3 has many as well, but on average just a bit worse. WiiU is getting there, but doubtful it will climb a spot. Everything hangs on Zelda U's shoulders basically. On Mega Drive I only like a few games.

Wii U.

The name, bad marketing and bulky gamepad made it sell terrible. Congrats Nintendo! The games though are great.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

Actually the numbers seece brought up were speculation at best. We still don't actually know who is in second or third place so for know the op should have let it out of the poll.

Speculation at best is how VGC gets most of its numbers, until they can be compared with other official data.

Most of these are great consoles... Not an easy choice.

shikamaru317 said:
I was expecting consoles that sold less than 10m or something, not the lowest selling from each generation. Perhaps you should rephrase the title a bit.

BTW, Genesis was not the lowest seller in it's generation, out of the 5 4th gen home consoles Genesis was #2 that generation, Neo Geo was the lowest seller.

Wow, Neo Geo was awesome!!!

All hail the Virtual Boy!!

Why is the PS3 on the list? 80 million units are great. And I'd pick the Vita, even though it isn't on the list. It may not have a diverse library of genres, but I only bought it for JRPGs and it has lots of these.

EDIT: I realized it's generation-sorted, but still. 80 millions aren't bad at all.

Objectively the PS3 but I really like my Wii U now