By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why The hell people were saying console games were going to die this gen ?

Ka-pi96 said:
Some people just like dooming things. Look at PC gaming that's been doomed for like the last 20 years yet is now stronger than ever...

That is largely due to the Asian market. The Chinese economy made gaming accessible to a lot of people.

Around the Network

I blame Pachter:

2009"Xbox 720, PlayStation 4, uh, Wiii? None of these are going to happen" 

2014"There Isn't Room for Another Generation of Consoles After PS4 and Xbox One"

Haters gonna hate

The rising popularity of PC gaming and console sales dropping late last gen maybe gave the impression that consoles are technically not necessary. Also the sketchy actions of some well known 3rd party publishers gave birth to the idea of new gaming crash similar to the one in 80s. Those were the themes of the analysis videos I saw after the first announcement of the new generation.

.- -... -.-. -..

Ka-pi96 said:

Wrong last time, so he says the exact same thing expecting it will be different this time? Hmm, isn't that supposed to be the definition of insanity?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VXIII said:

I blame Pachter:

2014"There Isn't Room for Another Generation of Consoles After PS4 and Xbox One"

Wrong last time, so he says the exact same thing expecting it will be different this time? Hmm, isn't that supposed to be the definition of insanity?

Patcher is just a random analyst. His "predictions" just rephrase and mirror the most popular ongoing rumors. I honestly don't know why he's famous.

.- -... -.-. -..

VXIII said:

I blame Pachter:

Well 2/3 aint bad, I mean the 720 and Wiii never happened =P

Because of mobile gaming or something like that. I think it's going to happen but probably on the next generation, or the next after the next one.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

All console manufacturers was clealy hesitant to upgrade to new hardware. Nintendo was forced to do it because their sales had droped way too low. MS thought that the future was in TV and not in games. Sony have some difficult economic problems (TVs, phones, laptops, PS Vita) that made them waiting with new hardware.

The casuals had left for mobile gaming. According to NPD there were only 34 million US core gamers left to be a potential market for home consoles. http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/14/34-million-us-gamers-play-for-22-hours-per-week-npd-report/

AAA ames cost more and more very year and the quality isnt as good as 5 years ago thats not good.