By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS Software Sales Update! Kirby at 1.7mil, XY at 13.7mil, MK7 is a 11mil Seller (and More Inside!!!)

forethought14 said:
Pokemon X/Y has rather wimpy legs. 12.26 million shipped by March 31st of 2014, and is now at 13.70 million. Terrible legs. Will probably max out around 14 million, won't reach Black/White. The slow decline continues.

Mario Kart 7 on the other hand, has excellent legs for a nearly 4 year old game.

MK7 surprised the **** out of me. Holy crap, its at 11.4mil, and it will be no lower than 12mil lifetime, it could potentially hit 13mil, or upto 14mil!I would of never guess that a year ago.

As for XY, blame japan more. It did pretty good this year from 11.6mil to 13.7mil (2.1mil) is quite alot. And its selling still despite another entry releasing. Keep in mind the install base difference as well. (50mil vs 150mil+) Oh yeah and its by far the #1 sold game this generation.

ORAS 9.35mil is crazy damn good. Self explanatory. Chevk out the thread for more details... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194058&page=

Around the Network
SJReiter said:

I don't understand why they don't show all their million sellers. Where's Zelda: ALBW? Ocarina 3D? Super Mario 3D Land?

Edit: Here's the sauce http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150129e.pdf

In these reports they only mention the games which sell over a million within the period the report covers. So in this case only new games and some huge sellers. They have a seperate page on Nintendo's Japanese site that covers hardware and the best-selling software of the entire generation, and some from earlier. It includes older games like Zelda and 3D Land, but they haven't updated it yet though.

OT: I agree on XY's disappointing legs. Catching BW is a stretch now, though not impossible. ORAS is amazing however, might become one of the best-selling non-mainline Pokémon games ever. Mario Kart 7's legs are endless and NSMB2 is well on it's way to 10m, I think it'll overtake 3D Land in the end.