By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you date a transsexual?

Well, would you?

Definitively. 80 7.70%

Yes, but only if attracti... 139 13.38%

Yes...but only completely post-op. 26 2.50%

I don't know. 74 7.12%

Probably not; I would be ... 113 10.88%

No. 374 36.00%

Transsexuality is disgusting. 155 14.92%

You're weird, Wright. 78 7.51%

Total:1,039

Probably not.

Around the Network

Absolutely. Pre-op specifically

I realized two years ago that I was atracked to men. My self respect grew when I finally accepted that but I knew my interest in women didn't change much. I dont want to classify myself as gay or straight because I'm really fickle and it's very hard for me to maintain a relationship with either girls or boys. I'm sure about two things though, I dislike very masculine and vey feminine people, and I've always had a certain admiration for androgynous people ever since I was young but I didn't know it was actually sexual attraction then.

I'm still in the closet and I only said that to one person IRL but here I'm just an other anon on the Internet.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get this off my chest, Wright.

.- -... -.-. -..

Ka-pi96 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
No, just talking to one would be awkward as hell.

How do you know you haven't talked to one already?

Maybe, and If I did then kudos to their surgeon.

Razeak said:

No. I voted no, but the disgusting option(and I'm fine with it being included, why censor potential responses?) wasn't specific enough(please don't burn me at the stake until you read my post). I know and work with transsexual people. They don't disgust me in the sense of interacting or to be friends and hang out or even to be in their presence nude or to see them nude(not that I have either). I've seen the nude form before so that isn't an issue for me.

When it comes to sex with transsexual people, I find that disgusting to me. I feel the same way about seeing two men(pro gay rights btw) having sex with each other. If some people don't have the same feeling as me, great! I hope they have a great relationship.

Some people find it disgusting to watch two obese people or two skinny people have sex. Some aren't attracted to short people or tall people. It isn't based off of any bias or hate against transsexual people. It's just not what I'm attracted to at all, regardless of the superficial appearance and I'm allowed to feel that way. Never for a minute from the time I became aware of transsexual people did I have any bias or prejudice against them, but I don't have to be attracted to them. We all have a hang up somewhere and that is simply mine. The only thing I don't agree with is the label of female genitalia. I know what the procedure entails and I can't wrap my head around calling that body structure something else when it has been reformed by surgery.

Again, it's not a political or moral stance, it just doesn't rock my jollies if I know it.

Also, I was adopted(at 13 months) like a previous poster mentioned and I still found it very important to me to pass on my genes. I also plan to adopt and give back some day and we made it up to the eleventh hour on an adoption a few years ago before there was a change of heart by the parent(and she turned out fantastic for her son).

That's fine. I did left the option in the poll as ambiguous as I could (as ambiguous as you can by saying "disgusting"), but it was more of self-interest into knowing how many people would press that option without saying it so in the thread. Nothing wrong with it, I'm not enforcing people to vote + comment, but you know, curious. You raise good points, and I'm not judging people for their answer or they truly stance in this matter, so I'm glad for your contribution.

Damn its so weird to actually read like how many people would actually date transsexuals or at least are not prejudiced and would interact normally with us, that makes me happy :)

Around the Network

I have been with one before. We dated a while in college and only broke up because she had to move away, she was pre-op but was one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen (yes even with her penis)

PieToast said:

Absolutely. Pre-op specifically

I realized two years ago that I was atracked to men. My self respect grew when I finally accepted that but I knew my interest in women didn't change much. I dont want to classify myself as gay or straight because I'm really fickle and it's very hard for me to maintain a relationship with either girls or boys. I'm sure about two things though, I dislike very masculine and vey feminine people, and I've always had a certain admiration for androgynous people ever since I was young but I didn't know it was actually sexual attraction then.

I'm still in the closet and I only said that to one person IRL but here I'm just an other anon on the Internet.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get this off my chest, Wright.

No need to thank me, at all. It is you who are brave enough to post this, even if you qualify yourself as another anon on the internet.

For the record, I have a lot of admiration for androgynous people as well.

Sorry, I put no. I have nothing against transexuals and I'm fine with befriending them, but I want to have a family and kids someday.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

No, I don't find them attractive. At least I have never seen one I'm attracted to.

Never. Most trans people are severely fucked in the head. I also doubt the enjoyment that can be had with man made genitals compared to real ones. I assume I could do a pre op (born) woman(is there even a dick adding surgery?). I can only imagine the mess that is going on with post op (born) men.

- M, Carl

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling