Best Pokemon Gen-READ POST BEFORE VOTING

Kanto (includes FR/LG) 19 22.09%

Johto (includes HG/SS) 24 27.91%

Hoenn (includes OR/AS) 23 26.74%

Sinnoh 10 11.63%

Unova 7 8.14%

Kalos 3 3.49%

Total:86

This is a poll to see what games are the best Pokemon games. Remakes CAN be included! However, get rid of all nostalgia and consider other games for story, music and etc. (For EX: I don't wanna see people saying their least favorite is Unova because of Garbador and Vanilluxe, when you consider that Kanto had Exeggcute - a bunch of eggs with eyes - and Geodude, a rock with eyes and arms) At least Unova's worst Pokemon were more creative in their initial design.

ANYWAY

Consider EVERYTHING, Pros and Cons about each gen, BEFORE you post. And make sure you do not use nostalgia. Cause otherwise, I would choose Hoenn. Even though, I believe Unova (especially Black/White 2) were the best games.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Hard choice.
I really liked Gen 2 and 3, but I don't know which one I prefer.
I'd probably go with Gen 3, so Hoenn it is.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Gen 2 is the bess.

I believe the 1st gen was the best. I've played every single one of them and nothing beats the first. I played 3rd gen first, then first gen. I just loved the simplicity, the meaningful pokemon designs, and everything else fell into place. Nothing seemed forced or generic like the new ones do. I also love the fact that it wasn't super duper easy and you could actually fail. Has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Woah, woah. If you're categorizing generations, you have to do it correctly.

Gen 1 = RBYG
Gen 2 = GSC
Gen 3 = RSE/FRLG
Gen 4 = DPPt/HGSS
Gen 5 = BWB2W2
Gen 6 = XY/ORAS

Unless you're asking people for their favorite regions, which you clearly aren't because then the specific games wouldn't be relevant, and there would be even more discrepancies, like post-timeskip Kanto in GSC/HGSS.

The poll is completely inaccurate to the question being asked.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

Woah, woah. If you're categorizing generations, you have to do it correctly.

Gen 1 = RBYG
Gen 2 = GSC
Gen 3 = RSE/FRLG
Gen 4 = DPPt/HGSS
Gen 5 = BWB2W2
Gen 6 = XY/ORAS

Unless you're asking people for their favorite regions, which you clearly aren't because then the specific games wouldn't be relevant, and there would be even more discrepancies, like post-timeskip Kanto in GSC/HGSS.

The poll is completely inaccurate to the question being asked.

I know what you mean, but I am not including which Pokemon can be found in each game and what the timeframe for each one is. I'm using generation as in which new region for said generation. So actually, we are both correct. I am asking for favorite regions INCLUDING remakes. Meaning ORAS will count as gen 3 regardless of being able to catch and find Pokemon after Gen 3.

I've made a thread about this before, and my answer is still that same. Gen 3 with Gen 5 a little bit behind it. Though I'd categorize the gens the right way...

MohammadBadir said:
I've made a thread about this before, and my answer is still that same. Gen 3 with Gen 5 a little bit behind it. Though I'd categorize the gens the right way...

Technically, yes I categorized them incorrectly in terms of how they are supposed to be. However, I want the remakes to be included in their respective first game. When I used "generation" I meant each game that started that generation. Sinnoh started gen 4, Kalos started gen 6 and etc. Which is why I stated that remakes ARE including their respective first game.

I'd say Gen 5 since I enjoyed the story, OST more and that's when I got into Pokemon hardcore. But c'mon, HG/SS are simply the best of the best! Plus, Gen 4 made some corrections that needed to be made since Gen 2. So my answer is Gen 4.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Gen 2. GS was the better story. Closed up lose ends. And had both areas in the game. For the anime Season 1/Gen 1.