By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Event NYC - 2.13.2015 (Announcement of new PlayStation initiative)

Very interesting.

Playstation pretty much has everything I am interested in covered from Games, to movies, music, live tv, on demand, ppv, and content streaming services.

The only two thing left that I want are;

1) A propper 4G Playstation Phone, that can use Remote Play, PS Now, PS Vue, PS Video, and PS Music over the 4G connection.

and

2) Productivity Software and Apps on on all Playstation devices.

Based on this. I am hoping that the new initiative is opening up development on all PS devices for any and all kinds of software and applications. Hopefully they will implement Microsofts idea and make every PS4 a development kit.

If they did this, with the PS4's momentum, major hardware advantage (Power and production wise), Playstation Vue, and PS Now. Sony could set themselves up to have the defacto smartbox, making PS4 the Android/iOS of the television world. That could lead to a PS Phone and tablet line running on a Sony OS powered by PSN. This could be Kaz putting Sony on a 5 year course to becoming the biggest brand in the world.

Or it could be something else, and Sony will continue to let Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, and Google force them into irrelevance and eventual bankruptcy.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL