By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OUYA gets Unreal engine 4 support, Wii U is still waiting.

Supporting hardware with development software is a commercial decision. Likely wii u support is minimal and easily surpassed by other development software. Ouya is an android device and android has huge commercial possibilities. There is no surprise that wii u is not supported properly but android hardware is.

There has already been demos of ue4 running on android hardware and it can be impressive.

If UE4 is used on wii u it will be for limited unambitious titles because the UE4 overheads are too high for such weak hardware same as android mainly. It's like that wrestling game on wii that used UE3. It could only use it because the game was simplistic and only had to create a simple wrestling ring and wrestlers.

Around the Network

Inexcusable... How many people own an Ouya anyway!?

I think because its android it kinda makes sense.

Mnementh said:
torok said:
UE4 gives as much support to the Wii U as the general public does: zero. This is a 2 horses race since Nov 2013.

So the general public gives a lot of support for Ouya?

Ouya runs Android. Porting UE4 to Android = porting to Ouya. Android has more support than the Wii U.

Even Ouya's hardware is common since it uses a Tegra 3, like the Nexus 7 2012. Just a higher clocked version.

Epic is owned by Tencent -- an enourmous $100 billion Chinese internet giant.

I'm surprised Tencent hasn't chosen to enter the console race just yet. They have the resources to compete.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

I like how every now and then, the Ouya likes to come back from the dead with some "huh, well thats interesting" news and then goes back to dying

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Great news for Ouya owners like me!!

Ouch.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

torok said:
UE4 gives as much support to the Wii U as the general public does: zero. This is a 2 horses race since Nov 2013.

and what about ouya?

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
torok said:

and what about ouya?

UE 4 supports Android, so it support Ouya. Android is better supported than Wii U.