By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii is the most popular system for hardcore fans too.

Well, not for hardcore fans to own necessarily(though it probably is, I contend).

It's the most talked about system.

Popularity can be good or bad, and the Wii gets more news articles, more threads, more mentions, more crap said about it on every freakin' site I post on, on every show I watch, in the mainstream, and from Sony, Microsoft, and PC fanboys, than any other system, even they systems they own.

Why? Is it because of sales? There are WAY more Wii haters out there than haters of any other console. There are a huge number of Nintendo fanboys also, probably more than any other console, but that said, the Wii gets talked about ALL the time. When a topic is made about the PS3, the Wii is brought up and compared.

This is such a stark contrast to last gen, when the Gamecube, if it was ever brought up, just ended in a cheap laugh, and a dismissive marginilaztation about being "kiddy" and having poor "sales."

I guess being "casual" and having god-like "sales" is more popular with the loons? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

There are WAY more Wii haters out there than haters of any other console

Got any evidence to back this up?

Smidlee said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

There are WAY more Wii haters out there than haters of any other console

Got any evidence to bak this up?

Only anecdotal. Four words.

Does your anecdotal opinion say otherwise? 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm not sure where you're trying to say. But I like to think I'm hardcore and Wii is my only current-gen system, so I would contend along with you on that.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

RolStoppable said:
I hate the Wii. It eats money.

It also raped my mother, that's why I hate it. I'm going to torture and kill it, once it gets out of prison.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I hate the Wii. It eats money.

Wait I thought the Wii printed money...

To Each Man, Responsibility

just go to n4g.com
and you will see how "popular" wii is.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

The other consoles wouldn't sell if this were true. It would be complete domination.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Hyperion said:
I'm not sure where you're going with this. But I like to think I'm hardcore and Wii is my only current-gen system, so I would contend along with on that.

I'm going to: "I wish everybody would STFU about the Wii if they don't have anything good to say about it, the only reason they bring it up is because they are jealous that public perception puts the Wii in first place over their cherished box of choice. Roast the fanboys, not the system. Roasting a system makes you a fanboy."

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Excuse me but last year Ps3 WAS THE MOST HATED CONSOLE EVER!

In my school & EVERYWHERE I saw on forumns there was negative hype

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey