By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Middle East: PS4 selling 4x as much as PS3 in same timeframe

Yafea said:

I know what you mean. They think the whole middle east is about arab spring, ISIS and al-qaaeda. And we still live in tents and have camels to ride for transportation :P

Many immigrant workers in Qatar would dream of such luxury... And it's a well known fact Qatar funds terrorism. So please don't call it ignorance.

And I think it's well known that Qatar is filthy rich thanks to oil. I watch the Tour of Qatar (cycling) yearly. If they aren't riding on long straight roads in the desert, they're riding through fancy modern cities. Too bad you almost never see any people watching the race on the streets or the side of the road lol. It does feel like a very empty country based on that alone. I'm curious, do you know who Tom Boonen is? 

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Ok. What's a Mont Blanc?

A mountain in France. Mont Blanc = white mountain

Ka-pi96 said:
Yafea said:

I know what you mean. They think the whole middle east is about arab spring, ISIS and al-qaaeda. And we still live in tents and have camels to ride for transportation :P

You mean... you don't have tents and camels?

I'm joking of course ;)

Actually it isn't uncommon to see camels run alongside the road the cyclists ride on in the Tour of Qatar. And if I'm not mistaken, camel racing is very popular on the Arabian peninsula. 

Sony supporting terrorists confirmed! Saddam is back and this time he's using PS4 instead of PS2 for the missiles!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Samus Aran said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Ok. What's a Mont Blanc?

Ka-pi96 said:
Yafea said:

I know what you mean. They think the whole middle east is about arab spring, ISIS and al-qaaeda. And we still live in tents and have camels to ride for transportation :P

You mean... you don't have tents and camels?

I'm joking of course ;)

Actually it isn't uncommon to see camels run alongside the road the cyclists ride on in the Tour of Qatar. And if I'm not mistaken, camel racing is very popular on the Arabian peninsula. 

some people would be very surprised at the stereotypes that end up being true.  My brother used to have an Iranian girlfriend and we always took it as an ethnic slur when people called them goat f***ers.  She insisted that it was indeed an actual problem for them that people would violate their goats.  We laughed the first 3 times or so she said it then realized she was stone dead serious

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Samus Aran said:
Yafea said:

I know what you mean. They think the whole middle east is about arab spring, ISIS and al-qaaeda. And we still live in tents and have camels to ride for transportation :P

Many immigrant workers in Qatar would dream of such luxury... And it's a well known fact Qatar funds terrorism. So please don't call it ignorance.

And I think it's well known that Qatar is filthy rich thanks to oil. I watch the Tour of Qatar (cycling) yearly. If they aren't riding on long straight roads in the desert, they're riding through fancy modern cities. Too bad you almost never see any people watching the race on the streets or the side of the road lol. It does feel like a very empty country based on that alone. I'm curious, do you know who Tom Boonen is? 

Actually you're right about that. The majority of the population's in the smaller gulf countries like Qatar, UAE, and Kuwait are made up of migrant workers who live and work in the worst conditions. And those countries are still very behind in things like press freedom, where anything reported or even discussed against their rulers gets people arrested and thrown in jail. They may have wealth, and may build modern cities, but they are no where near being developed countries. 

As compared to the other Gulf countries, Qatar and Bahrain are very small. Qatar is a country made up of 1 big city which is Doha, where more than 90% of the population live. When you have such a small country, it's understandable why it feels quite empty. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Ok. What's a Mont Blanc?

I'm pretty sure in his example Intrinsic is speaking of the german writing instruments and jewelry manufacturer Montblanc. They make pretty much the most expensive pens you can get.

The PS3 came here to Saudi at criminal prices. Retailers were to blame because they could play with the prices all they want. And we also came off the heavily pirated ps2 era, so a 70+ price tag for games was totally not accepted at the time.

Few people had the Xbox and even fewer had the PS3. That all changed when the slim came out and game prices generally now range from 65 to 70, depends on the retailer. Even the perception of gaming changed when game prices dropped and became generaly acceptable over the time.

PS4 is selling like hot shawarma now because last gen was a huge transition.

.- -... -.-. -..

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Intrinsic said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
It's not as if they would have wanted an Xbox. Thanks to sterotypes, Xbox is apparently full of shooters. And shooters usually have Middle Eastern people as villians. I'm not saying any of those are true

funny when you consider that the only two shooters that are exclusive to the xbox has nothing to do with middle Eastern. I don't thinkyhe whole stereotype thing applies here. Outside NA, Sony is just a much more respected brand. They probably look at the Xbox as a pencil, and the PS4 as a Mont Blanc pen.

Ok. What's a Mont Blanc?

Halo 3 was really popular but the new ones are not talked about that much. And Call of Duty is also everywhere, and the brown Middle Eastern enemies are not generally viewed as offensive but slightly funny. I am not hurt by their mere existance but I am concerned though for the lack of well written characters.

Yeah, It's a playstation nation here. It's like Mont Blanc but more reasonably priced.

.- -... -.-. -..

Hopefully we can start to create new (popular) markets for games in India, China, and the Middle East.